Convert LD Karaoke to DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRecorder

Apr 17, 2004
Is there any software or shop that can convert LD karaoke to DVD karaoke? Pls advise the name & price as well. Thank you.

Hi,

Just reminder on rights...it is against copyright to duplicate a copyrighted media (ie. your LD Karaoke) into another media without the prior written approval of the rights owner.

Pierce

Hi,

Just reminder on rights...it is against copyright to duplicate a copyrighted media (ie. your LD Karaoke) into another media without the prior written approval of the rights owner.

Pierce

Thank you for the reminder. I own the LD and the price range is from $50 to $200 a pce. We cannot find anymore LD player in the market. It will be very sinful to throw them away and the lifespan of my player is coming to an end soon. I have tried to find a 2nd hand LD player without any success. So the only way out is to duplicate them. Perhaps you can enlighten me whether it is illegal to duplicate my LD for my own use. If it is not, do I have to keep my original LD to prove that I am the original owner for safety precaution?

Thank you for the reminder. I own the LD and the price range is from $50 to $200 a pce. We cannot find anymore LD player in the market. It will be very sinful to throw them away and the lifespan of my player is coming to an end soon. I have tried to find a 2nd hand LD player without any success. So the only way out is to duplicate them. Perhaps you can enlighten me whether it is illegal to duplicate my LD for my own use. If it is not, do I have to keep my original LD to prove that I am the original owner for safety precaution?

How many discs do you need to convert? I could help you out if the quantity is small, but no time to do a large order. Also, do you need the dual sound track (vocal and no vocal). If you need both, it takes around double the time because need to capture the audio track twice.

Same here, I also have over hundreds of LD sitting in the storage and wanted to convert them into LD. Most of them are now considered as limited edition where the similar title cannot be found in DVD format.

Same here, I also have over hundreds of LD sitting in the storage and wanted to convert them into LD. Most of them are now considered as limited edition where the similar title cannot be found in DVD format.

Hi Jason. I have recently acquired a spare DVD Recorder, so might be able to do this. Price would depend on duration of the LD discs cos some are half an hour per side, some are one hour per side. Printing of contents list on the DVD also possible.

Pls PM me if you want to discuss further.

Richard

I can do it at $15-$20 per hour depending on the quantity. PM me.

Hi .. i am also interested, have a collection that i need converted if the recording is good.. pls quote your charges...thx..

I'm interested too. I only need to convert 2 karaoke LD to dvd. Very small quantity only. Those who can do it please quote me your charges. thanks.

I still have a Panasonic LD player with Karaoke at my hometown (Sarawak) in working condition, cause I'm away and my mum dont use it at all.

But too bad cause I only went back once in 2 yrs. Maybe anyone interested can leave me your contact. I also have a lot Karaoke LD and some movie like "Terminator 2", "Jurassic Park"...

I can do it at $15-$20 per hour depending on the quantity. PM me.
If it's direct conversion, the pricing maybe worthwhile but if he want Menu with songs selection then :eek:

Also with direct conversion with e.g. DVD Recorder/Player set-top, you may not have the Karaoke function e.g. with vocal/minus vocal.

Cheers

If it's direct conversion, the pricing maybe worthwhile but if he want Menu with songs selection then :eek:

Also with direct conversion with e.g. DVD Recorder/Player set-top, you may not have the Karaoke function e.g. with vocal/minus vocal.

Cheers

The LD has 2 separate audio tracks, one with and one without vocal. I don't think anyone here is offering to have selectable karaoke audio tracks (please correct me if I am wrong). I can do it but it is not just a simple copy anymore. It involves capturing the video and one audio track, capturing the second audio track, and then authoring a DVD that allows audio track selection to switch the vocal on and off. It's quite tedious and is probably more expensive than most people would want to pay. It's definitely a lot cheaper just to forget about the vocal track.

How many discs do you need to convert? I could help you out if the quantity is small, but no time to do a large order. Also, do you need the dual sound track (vocal and no vocal). If you need both, it takes around double the time because need to capture the audio track twice.

Hi there,
I am interested to convert a movie 78mins long on an LD to DVD. (2 pcs.) Can u help?
How much will that cost?
Thanks

My brother brought a LD player some time back and now, sitting at my mum house. I brought a DVD Recorder recently and hardly use it recently. Now problem is lack of LD to try to convert. ;p

Do not wish to spoilt market (as thinking of making some $ too) but since there are other who made the offer, be a gentleman, first come first serve. ;)

Now getting a LD from ebay. Will test it out to see whether I can convert it or not before going into making any service for other. Thanks for reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.