Convert all photos to smaller size

Status
Not open for further replies.

TME

Jan 19, 2002
Clementi
Hi,
Is there any way for me to convert an entire folder's pictures to a size that I want... that is select a pre-determined size in some software and then convert all to that size? I have quite shots that I need to put up on webpage for my school but all my shots are in 6MP size?

anyone can help here? I have photoshop CS2 but does not seek to have this feature.

Thanks!

TME said:
Hi,
Is there any way for me to convert an entire folder's pictures to a size that I want... that is select a pre-determined size in some software and then convert all to that size? I have quite shots that I need to put up on webpage for my school but all my shots are in 6MP size?

anyone can help here? I have photoshop CS2 but does not seek to have this feature.

Thanks!

Hi,

I am not sure if CS2, but in CS, you can do automate function and turn it into web. Go to default action. it should have "save for web", Use the automate under "file" then use the "save to web" define a folder and just let it run.

Hart

I don't know about PS, but I use ACDsee to do batch resize, it can let you choose to resize from 1-99%, and choose quality of the picture as well, very handy. But you need to select the photo instead of choose the whole folder.

Try Faststone Photo resizer. Free, fully featured and just bloody good imho =)

QX

Batch processing size change in Photoshop CS doesn't work? :dunno:

Woah! So many replies! Thanks guys!

I tried PS CS2 save for web but I cannot control the size....

I will try Picasa as I have that... and maybe also Faststone Photo resizer

Thanks once again!

TME said:
Hi,

Thanks!
just record a action, you can resize, apply USM, add borders, add watermark, save as web at one go, that run a batch for processing the entire folder.

Hihi. Faststone photo resizer allows u to choose interpolation method and stuff. And it's completely free too! I highly recommend it if you haven't tried it b4 =)

QX

hihi.. i second the Faststone software... but maybe you can try the Faststone image viewer instead of the resizer. If i am not wrong.. the Faststone image viewer contains the faststone resizer also. :thumbsup: software and it allows you to view all your photos, batch resize and/or rename, add watermark, batch process etc etc.. try it! http://www.faststone.org/download.htm

TME said:
Woah! So many replies! Thanks guys!

I tried PS CS2 save for web but I cannot control the size....

I will try Picasa as I have that... and maybe also Faststone Photo resizer

Thanks once again!

Just create an Resize Action and use Automate to run the action.

Hart

There's a quick way to batch resize pics in PS2 - I just managed to try it out for myself just a couple of hours ago.

Select the photos you want in Bridge, go to Tools -> Photoshop -> Image Processor. Then select all the options you want.

In the past I also used ACDSee to do batch resizes.

i use reaconverter, so far is the best converter i found and the image qulity after convert are better than others tools i use

Thaks guyS!

I use irfanview...
i love it coz free and can do auto naming taken from EXIF info...
one click batch and every exif i want can be embededly put on the image...
can put other text also...

Status
Not open for further replies.