Convectional Vs Digital

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by ckiang

Actually, compact digital cameras have their places, even for the DSLR/SLR user. Especially those with swivel LCD or lens like the Coolpix 9xx, 5000, Canon G series, etc. They let you shoot easily from weird angles unattainable with normal SLRs without contorting your body.

Thats were I liked my F4s, many times I would remove the DP-20 viewfinder and use the DW-20 to shoot from low and wierd angles. Or even shoot without the viewfinder. Maybe I should buy another F4 or an F5 :)

Originally posted by mysteriousjimmy

Thats were I liked my F4s, many times I would remove the DP-20 viewfinder and use the DW-20 to shoot from low and wierd angles. Or even shoot without the viewfinder. Maybe I should buy another F4 or an F5 :)

sorry wat;s a DP-20 & DW-20?

I use the swivel LCD for very tight location. Mount the cam on a tripod in a corner of the room and use the remote to take pics. Pretty useful in that sense. Digicam - more of a convenience to me.

This is like a "vinyl or ceedee?" question. ;P

Originally posted by lavenderlilz

CK,

I am not sure about this one cos when I bought my G2 in December - the swivel was one of the factors that swayed me in the direction of the G2. However, I find that I hardly ever need it and the LCD stays flat on the cam - I practically never swivel the lens out.

What sort of situation do u use the swivel lens for ur coolpix?

Originally posted by Naimed
I use the swivel LCD for very tight location. Mount the cam on a tripod in a corner of the room and use the remote to take pics. Pretty useful in that sense. Digicam - more of a convenience to me.

This is like a "vinyl or ceedee?" question. ;P

but won't u be too far away to be able to see wat's on the swivel LCD?

sorry wat;s a DP-20 & DW-20?

interchangeable viewfinders for the F4

DP-20 is what comes with the camera
DW-20 Waistlevel finder

there is also the

DA-20 Action finder
DW-21 6x magnification finder

you have similiar for the F3 and F5

Originally posted by mysteriousjimmy

interchangeable viewfinders for the F4

DP-20 is what comes with the camera
DW-20 Waistlevel finder

there is also the

DA-20 Action finder
DW-21 6x magnification finder

you have similiar for the F3 and F5

oic - sounds a little cheem. Do they make them for F80?

no... the viewfinder is not interchangeable on the F80

To add to mysteriousjimmy comment on the viewfinders, interchangable finders are only found on the following Nikon Pro Bodies... F, F2, F3, F4 and F5 plus the Kodak DCS 620x, 660, 720x & 760 which are all based on the F5 body.

Originally posted by SzennyBoy

To add to mysteriousjimmy comment on the viewfinders, interchangable finders are only found on the following Nikon Pro Bodies... F, F2, F3, F4 and F5 plus the Kodak DCS 620x, 660, 720x & 760 which are all based on the F5 body.

that's just so mean on nikon - only put such stuff on Pro bodies.

Status
Not open for further replies.