Control your Pentax Cameras from your PC!

But he stated it has some risk involved. Maybe just wait for his update.

every software has bugs ... and honestly, even if its buggy, i don't think this software will damage the camera...

This looks like a useless feature unless you run a studio. A more worthwhile enhancement would be ability to control it via wireless PDA. That way you can set it on a tripod and adjust all settings from 1 screen without having to navigate the menu. Bonus would be to be able to see the image on your pda too but this would need alot of new hardware, maybe the K3 will have this feature ?;)

This looks like a useless feature unless you run a studio. A more worthwhile enhancement would be ability to control it via wireless PDA. That way you can set it on a tripod and adjust all settings from 1 screen without having to navigate the menu. Bonus would be to be able to see the image on your pda too but this would need alot of new hardware, maybe the K3 will have this feature ?;)

and live view from PDA/smartphone ;)

actually yongnuo and phottix have live view remote shutter
http://www.flickr.com/groups/yongnuo/discuss/72157623556819047/

About time...
How does it differ from the old tethering program in K10/20D era? (Not that I've used it)

This is nice, but I would kill for a wireless tethering solution, something like eye-fi+shuttersnitch, but on android. The ability to review full size jepgs on a larger screen would be very useful to me.

i just tested this with k-r ... and the aperture/shutter speed/iso settings work

best used for studio photography i think, esp. the multiple shooting option...

i just tested this with k-r ... and the aperture/shutter speed/iso settings work

best used for studio photography i think, esp. the multiple shooting option...

Good findings. How about picture transfer? Is it wireless control?

Wireless would be nice, but I guess I can live with a really long usb cable!

Good findings. How about picture transfer? Is it wireless control?

since the connection is via usb, the software takes care of it... by default, it puts all the files in the same folder as the application, but you can change that...

Hi guys,
I might be asking a really really silly question. So, how do I do this? Is it..
1. Download the software
2. Install the software
3. Connect your camera to your laptop VIA USB Cable ( the cable supplied with the camera for image downloading )
4. Control camera VIA installed software

Hi guys,
I might be asking a really really silly question. So, how do I do this? Is it..
1. Download the software
2. Install the software
3. Connect your camera to your laptop VIA USB Cable ( the cable supplied with the camera for image downloading )
4. Control camera VIA installed software

bingo

well, you dont need to actually install the software... its just 1 small executable file inside the zip file that you'll download - just run that...

Cool! Yeah.. downloaded. Gonna try it later! See what it can do.