Control your own destiny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sion

Have you ever dreamed of starting your own business, be your own boss and controlling your destiny? Or have you plans to realise the dream?

In this age of economic uncertainty and technological changes we have seen companies going under or downsizing making going out on your own and taking control of your destiny a tempting option. It seems that these days one just can't turn up for the same job everyday and expect the same company forever there.

I have a friend who has been struggling to operate a small business for many years. We were wondering why didn't he give up the long hours, hard work and low profit margins for a steady 9-to-5 and 5-days-a-week job? It took a long time for me to realize why. It's the freedom that he would never want to give up. Working for someone, one invariably has to suffer fools or ask to do the boring mindless jobs.

Total absolute agreement on that... When you work for yourself, you are not at the mercy of favourtism and office politics.

The only thing is having enough courage to take the plunge and break away from a thankless job cos you are too used to. We usually dread change cos we are too "comfortable" regardless of how crappy the job environment really is. :(

Life is only so short, if you think your life can be better go ahead and break out. Cos you'll never know if things will be better or worse unless you get there first. :)

*currently evaluating where to plunge* :think:

Umm, when you "work for yourself", you still would face favouritism and politics. Say u go and meet client, client will have favoursitism over some company than your company. U go and meet client, client will make you compete with other company and then politics come in.
When u work for yourself, there is a "live or die" ending, u would not have a pay cheque every month.
U work hard or u lucky then u get paid.
U not work hard but lucky then u still get pay.
U work hard but not lucky then u get no pay.
U not work hard and not lucky then god bless u.

Sion said:
Have you ever dreamed of starting your own business, be your own boss and controlling your destiny? Or have you plans to realise the dream?

In this age of economic uncertainty and technological changes we have seen companies going under or downsizing making going out on your own and taking control of your destiny a tempting option. It seems that these days one just can't turn up for the same job everyday and expect the same company forever there.

I have a friend who has been struggling to operate a small business for many years. We were wondering why did he give up the long hours, hard work and low profit margins for a steady 9-to-5 and 5-days-a-week job? It took a long time for me to realize why. It's the freedom that he would never want to give up. Working for someone, one invariably has to suffer fools or ask to do the boring mindless jobs.

Yes I have to agree with you and only have one word to say.........................

FREEDOM!

Nah, besides that it really depends on your job scope.

Some people are just happy and contented with what they have.
Some people love the challanges and always strive for more.
Some people are just pure lazy.
Some people are just lucky.
Some people love freedom.

Better to have your own business as you can go holiday anytime of the year!!!!! No need to apply for leave and come back with a whole pile of S**T waiting for you.

Keke....:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.