Contract template

amachi

Jul 20, 2009
Hi bros,

anyone here have contract template to use? I am planning to start a photography business and I would like to have the paperwork done before I get started. But this paperwork is kind of alien to me (not really good with words, terms and conditions, etc etc) haha.. So, wondering if you guys have any template to share :)

Many thanks.

Why don't you get your lawyer to go through and ask if you can 'copy' that template?
And do ensure you can meet the SLA (Service Level Agreement) stated i.e. 1-2 weeks for printing, digital proof album within 1 week, ... etc.

The free lancer contracts that I see usually states the deliverables like 200 4R size photos, .. .etc.

Why do you want to have a contract?

If it is simply to appear like a respectable business, by all means, use that template.

If it is to protect yourself and your business, at the very least, you should familiarize yourself with singapore contract law first.
Then, you may be better equipped to make amendments.

At the end of the day, sure, not every freelancer wants to hire a lawyer, esp when just starting out.
Just be aware of the risks you are taking when you DIY. So that when something really screws up and you need to fall back on it, you won't be too surprised when you find out that your contract is not legally enforceable due to various reasons us laymen may not be aware of.

If there's no budget for this, cobble something together the best you can when you're starting out (that's what I did, using the AIGA template as a guide.) and cross your fingers.
Once your business starts taking off (bigger/more projects = more to lose), that's when it's time to seek legal advice.

http://www.singaporelaw.sg/content/ContractLaw.html

Last edited:
Always better to get one done up by a lawyer.
Whatever you copy from someone may not be good enough for your uses.

whatever you find from oversea, may not applicable on local laws.

you want to have it for free, you can look for a free lawyer,
or someone already paid the lawyer and willing to share with you for free.

hope this help.