Continuous Auto Focus

Status
Not open for further replies.

zincb0y

Oct 19, 2007
hi! i'm a new dslr user and i have some questions about c-af. when i use c-af, i usually can't get a focused subject when shooting still images while s-af works just fine. i am wondering if c-af can be used for still subjects or only s-af shld be used. could it be that my new camera is faulty?

Not sure why you would want to use AF-C for a still subject but if you did, as long as the focus point stays on the subject then you will get a shot in focus. If you try to re-compose and the point moves off the subject, then it will obviously focus on whatever the focus point is then pointing at.

I am also rather new to dslr and just found out about AF-C & AF-S.

Can we say that AF-C should be used when taking moving object/things such as vehicles, people, animals & AF-S used for stationary objects such as landscapes, bulidings?

I use AF-C only when the point I want to focus is always on the AF point, if I have to re-compose after AF on the point I want, then AF-C is not a good choice as I will re-focus after you have re-compose....

I am also rather new to dslr and just found out about AF-C & AF-S.

Can we say that AF-C should be used when taking moving object/things such as vehicles, people, animals & AF-S used for stationary objects such as landscapes, bulidings?

Yes, I would say this about sums it up....

I normally use C-AF for moving object. The AF point you choose would be important, and it will focus in on whatever is at the AF point. If the AF is set to focusing on multiple points, letting the camera decide, it would normally focus on to the nearest subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.