Contemplation

Status
Not open for further replies.

flambe

Apr 26, 2005
whats_for_dinner.jpg

An old photo taken on film, cropped but otherwise unadulterated. Comments? :sweat:

Castlesinthesky said:
Interesting you chose it in a square format. Anyway why was the baby next to the plant?

I thought the roundness of the baby contrasted with the sharp angular features of the heliconia, but to be honest, there was really no good reason :embrass:

A young sage!

Looking at the image, I was trying to see if I would photograph it differently. I have no problem with the off-centre placement of the young sage. But I think the plant is a little overwhelming. I would have preferred to photograph in such a way to render the young sage sharp (a little out of focus), with the rest out of focus. Or even the young sage completely out of focus with plants in focus,. That might invoke a different feeling.

student said:
A young sage!

Looking at the image, I was trying to see if I would photograph it differently. I have no problem with the off-centre placement of the young sage. But I think the plant is a little overwhelming. I would have preferred to photograph in such a way to render the young sage sharp (a little out of focus), with the rest out of focus. Or even the young sage completely out of focus with plants in focus,. That might invoke a different feeling.

Thanks for the comments Doc! This is a learning point for me in that I normally don't think before I shoot... while spontaneity is good for the arts, I now know that until one has acquired a certain level of proficiency (like you for instance - honest opinion, no sucking up), one should contemplate before shooting so that the impact can be greater. The learning goes on... :)

mattlock said:
hey flambe, good job. quirky. is this how you usually shoot?

Thanks! Yes indeed about the way I shoot, I try to be unconventional but like I said to the good doc, I need to learn to think a bit first :)

flambe said:
Thanks for the comments Doc! This is a learning point for me in that I normally don't think before I shoot... while spontaneity is good for the arts, I now know that until one has acquired a certain level of proficiency (like you for instance - honest opinion, no sucking up), one should contemplate before shooting so that the impact can be greater. The learning goes on... :)

Friend of mine gave me this advice.

Shoot with intuition.

View with feelings.

Analyse with the mind.

Then shoot again with new insight.

student said:
Friend of mine gave me this advice.

Shoot with intuition.

View with feelings.

Analyse with the mind.

Then shoot again with new insight.

Couldn't have said it better ;)