constructive comments needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

stonely0

Jun 8, 2004
Singapore
www.alndesign.com
Hi pls give me some pointers on my recent work...

building4.jpg

building3.jpg

building2.jpg

Shadow_2.jpg

Shadow_1.jpg

doors.jpg

walls_v2.jpg

personal opinion k..

pic one can be nicer if the shadow is darker..

pic two is nice but if only its properly balanced...

i like pic 5 :sweatsm: and dont like las pic. :sweatsm:

dotti said:
personal opinion k..

pic one can be nicer if the shadow is darker..

pic two is nice but if only its properly balanced...

i like pic 5 :sweatsm: and dont like las pic. :sweatsm:

thanks for the feedback... very well said.

may i know what u mean by properly balance in Pic 2? do u mean the exposure or the balancing on both side in the composition?

as for pic 1, i can digitally enhance the shadow but does it mean 'cheating'? well in this era of digital photography, enhancing makes me feel guilty.

stonely0 said:
thanks for the feedback... very well said.

may i know what u mean by properly balance in Pic 2? do u mean the exposure or the balancing on both side in the composition?

as for pic 1, i can digitally enhance the shadow but does it mean 'cheating'? well in this era of digital photography, enhancing makes me feel guilty.

Its not cheating for me. I live by Ansel Adam's phrase "The negative is comparable to the composer's score and the print to its performance". The picture you post is your interpretation of it and doesnt have to be a snapshot of reality.

the last four are good. they are simple and eye catching. and nice tones in a couple of the shots. in the shot with the door, placing the door off centre might be better...

thanks guy for the pointers... i'll work on it on my next project. all these are my recent project of Shadows and textures. After reading all your pointers, i'll in-corporate them in my next session. it's good to get feedback becos i'm open to ideas and critic, that's how one can improves...

oh yes, Reno77, i agree with u or rather with what Ansel Adam said... infact, in the old days, enhancement are done in the darkroom, so that means photo enhancement is not wrong... the only different is that in these days, we did it all on a Desktop PC. but in the digital era, there are another kind of photographer, one that not only enhance but manipulate. so the line gets kinda blur here...

what u guys think?

thanks oracle0711, u'r words have given me a morale boost and giving me the motivation to strive even better result next time. thanks

agree the color pics look out of place. i bring 3 camera out that day, a D70, and 2 vintange, Kodak Retina 1954 & Agfa Karat 1954. the below 2 pics are taken by the 50's vintages, 1/300 at f16 with Kodak T400 c41 film, it's my first time trying them out, not really good shots but i was amaze that old junk can still produce sharp photos... those cam are as old as my dad.

The Walkway
Walkway.jpg

Aircon City
AirCon_City.jpg

look pretty sharp to me too sigrd... what camera u used for this shot? ha ha the name 'Aircon City' really sound catchy rite. how many of u guys have took a shot on tat alley? own up ha ha ;p any of u guys have any idea where it's located? just a word of caution, don't be there at night, the temperature there when all the aircon are switch on can u imagine?

one think i realize in BnW photograpy is that the sky are mostly empty, any idea any filter out there to enhance the clouds in BnW pics on a hot day? i used a very old yellow filter but it seems that not much of a help sometime, it even rendered my white building dull.

SniperD, took a look at ur gallery u r very good in potraits... i'm still learning n trying to take ppl. i realized that u have a creative eye for composition, did u learn it from professional or just gets better each time? i like most of u'r shots especially the 'I Do' section, those are sellable quality.

got to learn from u liao, will be visiting ur site often for reference?

cheers

stonely0 said:
look pretty sharp to me too sigrd... what camera u used for this shot? ha ha the name 'Aircon City' really sound catchy rite. how many of u guys have took a shot on tat alley? own up ha ha ;p any of u guys have any idea where it's located? just a word of caution, don't be there at night, the temperature there when all the aircon are switch on can u imagine?

Actually the real thing is not that sharp.. I should thank uncle zaren for his PS skills instead. ;)

First outing with my 300D actually.... really amazing to see sooo many aircon units down the whole stretch.

stonely0 said:
Hi pls give me some pointers on my recent work...

excellent work!

perhaps the texture and contrast can be further emphasized in the last pic;

31016530.jpg

zaren said:
excellent work!

perhaps the texture and contrast can be further emphasized in the last pic;

31016530.jpg

How about like this, i think yours is a bit too dark on the other side?

Edited Version
wall_v3.jpg

Last Original Version
walls_v2.jpg

From the way you frame this picture:

Shadow_1.jpg

i can see that you have a great eye for photography!

Status
Not open for further replies.