Construction of The Singapore Flyer

Status
Not open for further replies.

plunge

Dec 14, 2004
Jurong
soundcloud.com
Singapore-Flyer-Collage.jpg

Shot these on my way to work every morning during the early stages of its construction.

Oops I just read the rules and I'm suppose to write the following. So hmm...

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Erm... I guess just about any opinion would do as long as they're honest.

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
I hope to remind ourselves that any magnificent structure does have a history of construction. We sometimes look at a beautiful building but forget the efforts of the architect, engineers and all involved.

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
Physical condition? Gee I was traveling at 90km/h every time I shot one of these so I guess maybe hands a bit sweaty. Plus the fact that I can't aim properly (because I have to look at the road in front of me) so I left it all to chance.

Thank you all in advance for your kind comments. Have a great weekend. :)

:thumbsup:I wish i had your patience :sweat:

wah.. nice.. while tonnes of people can have nice pics of the Singapore flyer after it is completed.. you will be one of the few with a complete documentation of it during its construction.. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Got another series on the capsules being hung up or not? :bsmilie:

Yup i've got shots of every single capsule being installed one at a time but am very disappointed with my chance-framing. Oh well... we can't have everything. :)

Physical condition? Gee I was traveling at 90km/h every time I shot one of these so I guess maybe hands a bit sweaty. Plus the fact that I can't aim properly (because I have to look at the road in front of me) so I left it all to chance.

Thank you all in advance for your kind comments. Have a great weekend. :)

:eek: u shot these while driving??? :eek:

perseverence pays off :)

well done! makes it more amazing since u were driving!

Never see it before. Thank for showing ;)

To tell you the truth, the compositions are really not bad at all! I don't believe you shot them when you are driving. ;p

Good work.

To tell you the truth, the compositions are really not bad at all! I don't believe you shot them when you are driving. ;p

Good work.

Well to make it easier to believe, I had 92 photos shot with my right hand while the left hand stays on the steering wheel. Most of them from my old SE K750i phone and Canon Ixus. Out of these 92 photos, only 12 made it to the collage. The rest are either way off frame or blurred. ;P

Well to make it easier to believe, I had 92 photos shot with my right hand while the left hand stays on the steering wheel. Most of them from my old SE K750i phone and Canon Ixus. Out of these 92 photos, only 12 made it to the collage. The rest are either way off frame or blurred. ;P

i would say its still an amazing feat.. nice work there........

I like you idea very much, good work and good patient.:heart:

An original and creative concept that tells a story, all the ingredients of a wonderful photographic work. I like the way that it has been shot in black and white, which emphasises the structural form of the flyer in its various stages of construction. A few nitpicks: in a few frames, the lamp-post merges with the flyer, part of the flyer is outside the frame. in the bottom left frame, the parapet appears much brighter than the rest of the frames (i.e. distracting). however, bearing in mind that the photos were taken with one hand while driving, it is a highly commendable effort indeed to even have achieved the framing and compositions here. :thumbsup:

after reading ur post:)first thots were,by shooting these interesting pictures while driving at 90kmph is dangerous,and should not be copied by other photographers:nono:unless ur shooting in a war zone;)dodging a bullet while shooting is OK;)PICTURES ARE GOOD BUT GET BORING BY THE TIME U REACH THE LAST ONE:)

driving use hp can get fine, driving take photos can get fine anot ah? hahah,
theres one with raindrops i believe, on ur window, that sorts of fit in nicely although the rest are non-rainy days.
too bad singapore only got sun or rain. it be kinda cool if there were more "seasons" capture along with the construction.
nice work anw!

Status
Not open for further replies.