Consolidated NKF Thread

After reading this, will you still donate to NKF?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zaren said:
you forget that we have a clean government in singapore. any possible wrongdoing or offence will be exposed and punished, so that the good reputation of singapore is not tarnished, and the confidence of the public not eroded.
If total control of news is in place, there is no way, the public will know the actual truth.

in my earlier post, it was mentioned that some male mps said that female mps 'talked too much'. maybe there is some truth in it?

zaren said:
i find it quite shocking that someone of her stature was absolutely clueless what the impact of her statement was to the singapore public. furthermore, she needed to be told and educated by SM Goh that she was in trouble over the comment that she made.

is it factual?

zaren said:
you forget that we have a clean government in singapore. any possible wrongdoing or offence will be exposed and punished, so that the good reputation of singapore is not tarnished, and the confidence of the public not eroded.

how to track the monies that one donated goes into the pocket or accounts of ttd? far-fetched?

zaren said:
the people, who pay TTD's salary and bonuses through their donations, may have a case against tt durai if they can prove that he has by deception dishonestly obtained for himself the opportunity to earn remuneration or greater remuneration in his office or employment.

zaren said:

I'm not saying that the govt of Singapore is in any way like that in Malaysia (corruption-wise), but lets not be naive about this. The 'old boys' link is as strong in Singapore as it is in any other country in the world. No country's govt is exempt from corruption

Gymrat76 said:
I'm not saying that the govt of Singapore is in any way like that in Malaysia (corruption-wise), but lets not be naive about this. The 'old boys' link is as strong in Singapore as it is in any other country in the world. No country's govt is exempt from corruption

Agreed, in Singapore they 'fight corruption' by giving themselves millions of dollars each year. Its almost like legalized corruption :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Wai said:
http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/news/story/0,4136,91670,00.html?

And now, MediaCorp artistes also complain how badly they were treated during the show

They had risked life and limb raising funds for the NKF through the charity shows.

But they feel they didn't get enough appreciation for their efforts - or enough attention when they were hurt.

Said an artiste: '(We were told to) act sad and not to laugh or joke or show that we are enjoying ourselves. Otherwise, it will 'cover' the sombre mood wanted for the show.'

The artiste also claimed that some of the emotional displays during the show are actually scripted.

'Before each show, the organisers will talk to us. They will tell us to say things like 'I want you to call'. Because we are stars, our fans will heed our call and start donating.'

This part i can confirm... cos i saw once during their rehearsal... i forget which artistes already, during rehearsal they already start to practise their lines about their back ache & their 'injuries' den next day the live event they just say out the exact same lines... totally unconvincing to me already... hence all is staged... i dun give a damn anymore... too fake...

imo, there is nothing wrong with the acting. imagine in the show, you see the performing artist puts on a smilling face through out. doesnt help to reflect the suffering the patient is going through.

denniskee said:
imo, there is nothing wrong with the acting. imagine in the show, you see the performing artist puts on a smilling face through out. doesnt help to reflect the suffering the patient is going through.

yes, we cannot blame the artistes for the acting. as artistes being paid to do the job, i don't see anything wrong with them acting to achieve their client's aim, it's up to the audience to be 'taken in' by the acting. in fact i kind of disagree when they complain to the media about their client, just doesn't look professional at all. it's just going to make any other charity shows look really bad, more people are not going to believe in their acting.

the focus should be on the transparency of account, i have no doubt about how efficient the shows were for fundraising, just show the public what went wrong in the accounting and why.

eikin said:
yes, we cannot blame the artistes for the acting. as artistes being paid to do the job, i don't see anything wrong with them acting to achieve their client's aim, it's up to the audience to be 'taken in' by the acting. in fact i kind of disagree when they complain to the media about their client, just doesn't look professional at all. it's just going to make any other charity shows look really bad, more people are not going to believe in their acting.

the focus should be on the transparency of account, i have no doubt about how efficient the shows were for fundraising, just show the public what went wrong in the accounting and why.

kinda like, u see the real side of them... so all the shows they participate in seem like unconvincing anymore... regardless of NKF or others... lacks the persuasive power.

btw, are they paid?

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
kinda like, u see the real side of them... so all the shows they participate in seem like unconvincing anymore... regardless of NKF or others... lacks the persuasive power.

btw, are they paid?

yah, that's the idea. for me at least, i don't expect the artistes to be so honest on stage, they are, afterall, professional actors. they are not bribed to do things, they are paid for their job. (and they better be professional about it)

and according to the what have been posted, i believe they are paid.

its close to the 2k mark... anybody starting a new thread? ;p

anyway, if they are paid (for NKF, not sure for others...), i guess when they stress that they spent their own free time, their sleep, etc, is just bullshit already... cos when you are paid for the event, its not called taking out their free time, its called moonlighting already... there is a big difference between unpaid job & paid for the job...

We are closing this thread for a couple of reasons

#1 - its getting close to the 2K limit for threads

AND MORE IMPORTANTLY

#2 - Whatever has been said and done with the NKF is being thrashed over and over again, and its not serving any additional purpose. Its time to move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.