Consolidated food threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

markteo

May 5, 2005
1. after u get the plate from the belt, do u put the plastic cover back on the belt or on the table?

2. do u lift the plate off the belt, n take a closer look at wat is that sushi, remove the container, sniff it, etc, n den either put on the table if it fancies u or put back on the belt if it isnt appealing?

3. for eg, the belt is moving towards ur direction, n u saw something u like (like vegetable tempura or some fried stuffs) coming towards u, n u intend to take it when it reaches u, soon. but then the person in the table in front has taken that it already. do u get angry?

4. do u hide plates under the table so as to pay lesser?

5. has the cashier ever miscounted the number of plates? did u keep quiet or wat?

6. do u eat only from the belt, or order other food from the menu? wat did u order?

7. do u ever wonder y they don have spoons at the container by the side of the table, only chopsticks? n everytime u have to ask for spoon from the waitress, n sometimes after u ask, they forget to give, n u have to ask again... has it happened to u?

8. do u dip raw salmon or tuna etc into ur hot tea to cook it?

9. do u like the high when u eat too much wasabe n it gets to ur head?

10. do u sometimes see chio waitress n cant concentrate on eating?

n finally, tell us ur fav sushi....

chinese restaurant eating habits survey

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]1. do u have a habit of throwing peanuts up n catching it in ur mouth for fun? (the peanuts is appetizers)

2. wat kind of drinks u normally drink? chinese tea or iced water or soft drinks etc....?

3. do u make use of the small saucer of soy sauce at the side of ur plate? if so, wat things do u dip in it?

4. when u eat rice, do u put the bowl to ur mouth n shove the rice in with ur chopstick, or u have the bowl on the table n eat with chopsticks n spoon, or u put the rice on the plate n eat?

5. when u eat cereal prawns (those deep fried prawns with oatmeals thingy), do u shell the prawn or eat it whole? if u shell, do u shell with ur fingers or ur chopsticks n spoons, or with ur mouth?
or do u have someone to shell it for u? (if so, who?)
n do u have a habit of sukcing the prawns' head to extract its flavour?

6. when u eat steamed fish, which part do u like best? the cheek, the eyeball, the head area, stomach area, middle body of the fish or the tail area.

7. when u eat crab, do u use ur fingers to unshell it, or struggle with ur chopsticks n spoon so as not to dirty ur fingers? or do u have someone to shell it for u? (if so, who?)

8. have u ever poured too much vinegar into ur shark's fin soup n realized its too sour? or perhaps sprinkled too much pepper? (in ur answer, pls state whether its vinegar, pepper, or both).

9. do u like to eat the lettuce that is always put under a meat or crab or prawn dish as garnish?

10. which of these do u like to eat, in a sweet n sour pork/fish dish (besides the pork/fish)? - onion, green/red peppers, cucumbers, pineapple, tomato

11. do u normally have dessert after meal? if so, state wat dessert do u normally have (almond jelly, mango pudding, red bean soup, orh nee, birds nest etc)

12. u normally use the packet scented towels to wipe which body part? - mouth, face, or hands?

13. when u eat, do u normally have ppl taking food for u with their chopsticks n putting on ur plate/bowl? if so, who r they? (father, mother, bf, gf, husband, wife...)

14. when u have hotplate tofu, do u try to scoop out the watery egg quickly b4 it gets cooked by the hotplate?

15. do u usually order another bowl of rice halfway throughout the meal? (when u finished the 1st bowl)

16. have u tried eating the dried chillies in the fried prawns/chicken with dried chillies dish?

17. do u normally eat green chillies with ur fried rice or noodles or horfun

18. which of this is ur fav? fried rice, fried hongkong mee, or horfun?

19. when u order deer meat, do u ever wonder if the meat is really deer, or just marinated beef?

20. do u like to burp loudly when u finished eating?

finally, tell us some of ur fave chinese food in a chinese or seafood restaurant...

thanks for doing this survey
[/font]

markteo said:
1. after u get the plate from the belt, do u put the plastic cover back on the belt or on the table?

2. do u lift the plate off the belt, n take a closer look at wat is that sushi, remove the container, sniff it, etc, n den either put on the table if it fancies u or put back on the belt if it isnt appealing?

3. for eg, the belt is moving towards ur direction, n u saw something u like (like vegetable tempura or some fried stuffs) coming towards u, n u intend to take it when it reaches u, soon. but then the person in the table in front has taken that it already. do u get angry?

4. do u hide plates under the table so as to pay lesser?

5. has the cashier ever miscounted the number of plates? did u keep quiet or wat?

6. do u eat only from the belt, or order other food from the menu? wat did u order?

7. do u ever wonder y they don have spoons at the container by the side of the table, only chopsticks? n everytime u have to ask for spoon from the waitress, n sometimes after u ask, they forget to give, n u have to ask again... has it happened to u?

8. do u dip raw salmon or tuna etc into ur hot tea to cook it?

9. do u like the high when u eat too much wasabe n it gets to ur head?

10. do u sometimes see chio waitress n cant concentrate on eating?

n finally, tell us ur fav sushi....

1. on the table...
2. once you take, you eat...dont ever sniff and put back...omg
3. lan lan suck thumb? or ask the waiter to send you one?
4. not ethical but you can try..maybe can even try stashing the plate into your bag and bring home...
5. i myself dont even bother to count the no of plates i eat...so even if the waitress count wrongly...i also wont know...
6. both from the belt and orders...
7. i think they only give you spoon when you order rice items? where got pple use spoon to eat sushi?
8. hahahaha...u serious? this is no steamboat place man
9. abit...loves it whenever my nose is stinging due to the wasabi
10. where where is the chiobu?

and finally unagi sushi

wow...

dun like Chinese food, but no choice, western food can't make stomache fool.

Chinese eating style is disgusting and chopsticks too troublesome. I also dun like them
making vegeratbles fool of gravy and sticky. I dun like Chinese vegetable to mix arround
with rice, etc.

to ans qn1, i would think if the peanuts cost $600,000.

qn2, i will wonder if the drinks got poured out from a golden tap

markteo said:

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]1. do u have a habit of throwing peanuts up n catching it in ur mouth for fun? (the peanuts is appetizers)[/font]

I can only answer you first question...

I don't throw, catch and play with peanuts for fun, because peanut is very very expensive leh!! Each cost $600K leh, don't play play hor!! :bsmilie:

No need to bite on same bone all the time lah, how many of you know how
to eat Chinese food hor?

what's the purpose of this survey? is this done for some school project or a commercial survey or purely just for fun?

eikin said:
what's the purpose of this survey? is this done for some school project or a commercial survey or purely just for fun?

its juz for fun la....

u ppl...pls do my survey. thank u thank u...

eikin said:

I guess he is planning to open a chinese restaurant and wants to know people's likes and dislikes. Good idea but too time consuming to answer. I cant even eat with a chopstik so my response would be irrelevant :D

21. Open the packet tissue with a big "POP".

dRebelXT said:
dun like Chinese food, but no choice, western food can't make stomache fool.

dRebelXT said:
Chinese eating style is disgusting and chopsticks too troublesome. I also dun like them
making vegeratbles fool of gravy and sticky. I dun like Chinese vegetable to mix arround
with rice, etc.

Are you a chinese? :think: no offend. :)

markteo said:

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]

[/font]

No, I don't.....actually I can't, but I fart, is this what you want? :bsmilie:

catchlights said:
No, I don't.....actually I can't, but I fart, is this what you want? :bsmilie:

talking about farting in a restuarant. A guy was smoking at the next table, the smoke was blowing at our side. It was irritating and my son asked me if this guy can blow his smoke freely then can I fart in front of him.

I said son goes ahead, it's OK. :bsmilie:

well.... i eat crabs with hands. eat cereal prawns full. dun play with peanuts. take extra serving of sharkfin if possible.take extra portion of abalone or sea cucumber if possible. den for the last 2nd course which is either the rice or mee, i will give it a go... den for desert i will haha... u know one..

as for the shark fins qns...

simple...

add brandy ! =p alternatively.. add vinegar or pepper.. most of the time is add too much vinegar.. heh

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]1. do u have a habit of throwing peanuts up n catching it in ur mouth for fun? (the peanuts is appetizers)

No, i let others eat the peanuts... cos its not worth it... ;p

2. wat kind of drinks u normally drink? chinese tea or iced water or soft drinks etc....?

soft drink... i drive so no alcoholic drinks for me... even if i dun, i am a good boy...

3. do u make use of the small saucer of soy sauce at the side of ur plate? if so, wat things do u dip in it?

nope... i prefer my food as it is, additive is an insult to the chef unless specified...

4. when u eat rice, do u put the bowl to ur mouth n shove the rice in with ur chopstick, or u have the bowl on the table n eat with chopsticks n spoon, or u put the rice on the plate n eat?

that depends how it is served... in bowl, i eat using chopstick take up the rice portion by portion like japanese rice... in plates... fork & spoon of course...

5. when u eat cereal prawns (those deep fried prawns with oatmeals thingy), do u shell the prawn or eat it whole? if u shell, do u shell with ur fingers or ur chopsticks n spoons, or with ur mouth?
or do u have someone to shell it for u? (if so, who?)
n do u have a habit of sukcing the prawns' head to extract its flavour?

it as a whole, the shell is thin, and it provide calcium as well.. of course not with the head...

6. when u eat steamed fish, which part do u like best? the cheek, the eyeball, the head area, stomach area, middle body of the fish or the tail area.

anywhere without the bones...

7. when u eat crab, do u use ur fingers to unshell it, or struggle with ur chopsticks n spoon so as not to dirty ur fingers? or do u have someone to shell it for u? (if so, who?)

KFC - finger lickin good...

8. have u ever poured too much vinegar into ur shark's fin soup n realized its too sour? or perhaps sprinkled too much pepper? (in ur answer, pls state whether its vinegar, pepper, or both).

refer qn 3

9. do u like to eat the lettuce that is always put under a meat or crab or prawn dish as garnish?

nope...

10. which of these do u like to eat, in a sweet n sour pork/fish dish (besides the pork/fish)? - onion, green/red peppers, cucumbers, pineapple, tomato

nil...

11. do u normally have dessert after meal? if so, state wat dessert do u normally have (almond jelly, mango pudding, red bean soup, orh nee, birds nest etc)

orh nee... haha... brought up by teo chews grandparents...

12. u normally use the packet scented towels to wipe which body part? - mouth, face, or hands?

hands...

13. when u eat, do u normally have ppl taking food for u with their chopsticks n putting on ur plate/bowl? if so, who r they? (father, mother, bf, gf, husband, wife...)

GF... mother... (i paranoid when others take for me, esp my auntie who would go take a piece of the fish to her plate, den take out all the possible bones making it damn mutilate den pass to me.. total freaked out)

14. when u have hotplate tofu, do u try to scoop out the watery egg quickly b4 it gets cooked by the hotplate?

nope..

15. do u usually order another bowl of rice halfway throughout the meal? (when u finished the 1st bowl)

i only eat 1 bowl, limiting my diet

16. have u tried eating the dried chillies in the fried prawns/chicken with dried chillies dish?

nope...

17. do u normally eat green chillies with ur fried rice or noodles or horfun

nope...

18. which of this is ur fav? fried rice, fried hongkong mee, or horfun?

hor fun... its more FUN to eat...

19. when u order deer meat, do u ever wonder if the meat is really deer, or just marinated beef?

hmmm who cares? they will get their retribution next time... just enjoy the meal happily lor...

Nope... i very self conscious...

finally, tell us some of ur fave chinese food in a chinese or seafood restaurant...

hmm... i eat to live, not live to eat... so i have no real preference...

thanks for doing this survey
[/font]

favourite is sake or sakae sushi.

Favorite is Maguro or Unagi Sushi. The oily the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.