Consistent smudge in my photos...HELP

AdrianK

Feb 7, 2011
Hi All Seniors,

I'm new in the field of photography and lately I'm experiencing obvious smudges in my photos. How do I determine is it my lens or sensor?

AdrianK

Feb 7, 2011
may be noise, may be over sharpening by your camera, how about posting a sample here? :)

Thanks for the idea. If I may presume, it shouldn't be noise as the shots are in daylight and I'm down at ISO 100.

AdrianK

Feb 7, 2011
check with other lens, if the smudge location in ur image is the same then it's on the sensor
Thanks! I can't wait to check out the root of the problem, shall try it once I get hands on my camera again. Another point to raise is I'm not really confident cleaning it if its the sensor soiled, so I can send it to Canon Service Center for cleaning right, how much would the fees be like and how long will it typically take them? I'm holding a 40D.

willdoang

Jun 8, 2010
east, near dakota MRT
Thanks! I can't wait to check out the root of the problem, shall try it once I get hands on my camera again. Another point to raise is I'm not really confident cleaning it if its the sensor soiled, so I can send it to Canon Service Center for cleaning right, how much would the fees be like and how long will it typically take them? I'm holding a 40D.
should be around S$20++ for sensor only, dun know for lens cleaning but i've heard lens + sensor would cost u S$90++

Top Bottom