Consipracy

kinky1971

Sep 5, 2009
4731594565_e4d946434a_b.jpg

1. In what area is critique to be sought?
Subject, Exposure, Composition and Colour.

2. What one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
The above.

3. Under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
Morning with dark clouds.

4. What the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
a.telling a story?
b.parrots do not stand out much.

Thanks

did you done any pp on the color? the parrots color looks too vivid to me and feel fake. can't really have a full view on the parrot behind. maybe changing an angle would make the parrots stand out.

4. What the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
a.telling a story?
b.parrots do not stand out much.

My take:
4a. Nope, can feel any story from the pic. The beak of the 2nd parrot is blocked, so the element of conversation is not strong.
4b. The vivid colors of the parrots are striking, and they do stand out. If this is what you are asking...

Cheers

The picture generally looks noisy. Notice the tail?

Ya the question is:
1) Did you use a high ISO? Looks like bright day light to me..shldn't be. Can't view ur EXIF
2) did you increase the exposure when you realised you underexposed?
3) Did you increase saturation or decrease luminance on the red?
4) I'm not sure but I think there's some banding or probably red saturation, so loss in detail on the parrots..

but otherwise i think good effort. captured the "moment", technicalities aside

on a side note the jpeg quality shows 75%..but that shld be still okay...i think.

Cool, i think your title suits the picture. It did gave me the impression that the parrot behind is whispering to the other parrot. The whispering parrot has the eyes of a "bad guy", while the other parrot also seems to be listening.

Hi Jonathan
1. It's a cloudy day. I supposed I used a high ISO; 500. I always get tipped over when come to shooting 'out of sudden' scene. My journey is still long. :(

2. Let me post the original image cropped to 800x600. The image looked ok from the screen.

4741575508_5a3b6eb8ff_b.jpg

3. I think I did. Using Auto-colour and auto-level in Photoshop CS.

4. Wonder if you can elaborate more about loss in detail. Are you referring to the feathers?

Thanks

The picture generally looks noisy. Notice the tail?

Ya the question is:
1) Did you use a high ISO? Looks like bright day light to me..shldn't be. Can't view ur EXIF
2) did you increase the exposure when you realised you underexposed?
3) Did you increase saturation or decrease luminance on the red?
4) I'm not sure but I think there's some banding or probably red saturation, so loss in detail on the parrots..

but otherwise i think good effort. captured the "moment", technicalities aside

on a side note the jpeg quality shows 75%..but that shld be still okay...i think.

Hi Jerots

It's exactly my view. Thanks. :D

Cool, i think your title suits the picture. It did gave me the impression that the parrot behind is whispering to the other parrot. The whispering parrot has the eyes of a "bad guy", while the other parrot also seems to be listening.

Hi bullseyez

Yes. I did auto-colour and auto-level in Photshop CS. I was trying to use the 'eye' of the blockec parrot to potrait something fishy going on. Maybe the shot did not hit stong in this area. But thanks. I do find the colour somewhat off. :)

did you done any pp on the color? the parrots color looks too vivid to me and feel fake. can't really have a full view on the parrot behind. maybe changing an angle would make the parrots stand out.

Looks quite noisy but I like the feel the parrots give!
Lol with regards to the color, I'm quite okay with it!

2nd pic so much better!

Anyway like i said, nice moment!

cute title. nothing much to comment.

i would prefer a frontal shot as it gives more connection.

cute title. nothing much to comment.

i would prefer a frontal shot as it gives more connection.

also would probably give a cleaner background, or at most more uniform that would help.

i think would be good to take the trouble to get down to eye level.

not bad... i think it fit the title consipracy... its as if the parrot is talking softly to the other parrot ear, while that parrot was also looking out to see if any other party is eavesdropping

thus i find the "searching eye" is rather important to bring out the consipracy feel... maybe should crop all the way to the face... very tight crop... the only problem i think is that the bird is very red... which may tend to be abit too vivid and distracting... just my 2cents

red parrots work well against the green background. but the angle available to u is limited for your story.

Hi All
Will remember all your feedback. Thanks a lot. :thumbsup: