Considering getting the C750UZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

romeo

May 7, 2002
Lost
Visit site
Should I get this? Or should I wait? Looking for a good zoom camera... :)

Was reading some reviews at dpreviews, and quite a lot of good reviews on this cam...

btw.. what's the latest price of this? :)

Thanks in advance.

Is the black color olympus C-755 available in sg? It is the same as the C-750 but with a smart zoom feature and pic bridge support. :think:

Never seen it in sg yet. what attracts you to the 750? Maybe others around can give some comments if you could share your likes about this model.

Among all mega zoom cameras, this C750 and the panasonic DMC FZ10 have the best photo quality. I'm considering these 2 for now. The C750 is smallest and can take anywhere easily...but uses expensive xD cards and no image stabilizer. The FZ10 has image stabilizer and it can take pics in conditions that normally require tripods....but is very big.

Actually the minolta Z1 has all the functions that i wanted like the 640 x480 video mode. But the photos look soft and the construction is weak. However is is the cheapest mega zoom around.

The Fujifilm S5000 is the best looking around but pics and functions are relatively poor.

How har? :confused:

well after I posted that.. I bought my C750UZ on that exact same day.. been playing with it. I would say that I think I made a good choice :)

The only setback it has to me is that it uses xD cards... the price is a little comparable to an SD card. :)

romeo said:
well after I posted that.. I bought my C750UZ on that exact same day.. been playing with it. I would say that I think I made a good choice :)

The only setback it has to me is that it uses xD cards... the price is a little comparable to an SD card. :)
Good for you! Yup...XD card is pretty expensive, more expensive than SD card though......

I'm sure you will like your camera....so share with us your thrills!!! Cheerios!!!

romeo said:

Good buy...! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

yup.... only set back is the memory card... a bit expensive...
but i guess i just buy once and thats it lor... get a 256 fuji xd card which cost about $170...!

anyway.... do play around with the camera and if there is any problem... can bring up in this forum to share and discuss.....:)

cheers

heehee.. thanks... I bought a 512 mb xd card though :)

Can take more pics heehee :D And not worry about lack of memory :)

I'm considering getting an external flash though. Are there any decently cheap compatible external flashes for it? The FL40 & FL50 is just too expensive :(

romeo said:

I'm considering getting an external flash though. Are there any decently cheap compatible external flashes for it? The FL40 & FL50 is just too expensive :(

how much you paid for the 512mb xd card??

not sure what other compatible flash is available for C750... but i guess for Metz flashes might have some compatible ones but dunno which models...

anyone knows??

romeo said:

went sbwr today. finished up my 256 card and have to delete some of the shots along the way. towards the end of the trip, have to use the 16, and can't shoot much. :(

i always use SHQ. have not really test out HQ yet. how is the quality of HQ compare to SHQ? one thing that i know is that the file size is about half as big.

I'm not sure what's the difference between SHQ and HQ leh.. hmm... don't really notice much difference.. hmmmm....

Btw.. what's sbwr?

hmmm.. I should go there... hmm.. haha... I usually go Botanic Gardens.. maybe I'll try going to Sungei Buloh instead :D

romeo said:
hmmm.. I should go there... hmm.. haha... I usually go Botanic Gardens.. maybe I'll try going to Sungei Buloh instead :D
Cool!!!! you bought a 512mb XD Card? That should set you back by at least $300++++! Wow! How's the performance of C750? Yup! SBWR is a great place if you want to catch a lot of greens and birds! Cool place. Esp like the posts along the paths where you can capture some real nice shots! You need lots of batt power and memory power there!

Anyone tried taking shots in a cemetery yet? I kind of like the serenity but my wife dun seem to like my idea...

Hi people..

C 750-UZ was the cam that i almost bought too... however i decided to wait :(

I was attracted to the zoom as it's 10x optical (wow!) However, a big flaw in the 750 is that it has shaky lens! Coupled with the 10x zoom, images can be blurrish. :cry:

I wish they would do something to improve the lens placement & also pop up flash which could spoil over time :what:

garvinchow said:
Cool!!!! you bought a 512mb XD Card? That should set you back by at least $300++++! Wow! How's the performance of C750? Yup! SBWR is a great place if you want to catch a lot of greens and birds! Cool place. Esp like the posts along the paths where you can capture some real nice shots! You need lots of batt power and memory power there!

Yah.. I bought a 512MB :) heehee... Set me back quite a bit.. yah.. I like my C750UZ.. but just the other day I saw the Panasonic FZ10.. sigh... feel a bit upset that I didn't wait.. but the battery suppossedly lasts only around 120mins... The C750UZ uses 4AA batteries.. so it isn't so much of a problem since I have 2 sets of 2100mAh batteries :) And they nvr seem to die... I usually only use 1 set :)

Btw, Out of topic, but How do you get to SBWR? I've been trying to find the bus that goes there.. is it 925 from CCK :) I live in Bukit Panjang.. maybe one day go together.. heehee... :) :bsmilie:

board tibs 925 from kanji mrt station.
for mon to sat, alight at kranji reservoir carpark for a 15-min walk to the reserve. :(
for sun and public holidays, the bus stops at the reserve's entrance. ;)
btw, the freq of the bus is 20min (peak hour) to 30min (non peak).

i stay in bedok and it took me more than 1.5 hrs to get there by public transport. :sweat:

macross said:
board tibs 925 from kanji mrt station.
for mon to sat, alight at kranji reservoir carpark for a 15-min walk to the reserve. :(
for sun and public holidays, the bus stops at the reserve's entrance. ;)
btw, the freq of the bus is 20min (peak hour) to 30min (non peak).

i stay in bedok and it took me more than 1.5 hrs to get there by public transport. :sweat:
Yup...i went there by public transport once and boy, it was raining cats and dogs then....I was so surprised that we stopped at an open carpark where I had to alight....also had to brave the huge trucks speeding along the road as I trodded in the rain to get to the reserve....whew...I think I'll just drive there next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.