Considering between 3 lenses

Status
Not open for further replies.

romeo

May 7, 2002
Lost
Visit site
Oh well, quite a newbie here :cry:

But I'm considering between these 3 lens for a zoom lens. Hopefully someone can offer some insight :)

- Tamron AF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 LD with Hood (Black) for Nikon AF Camera
- Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 DL Macro Super Lens for Nikon-AF Camera
- Nikkor AF 70-300mm F4-5.6G Lens

:embrass:

Ah, still considering between a Tampon, a Stigma and a Geez lens, I see. :p

Originally posted by ckiang
There is only ONE choice. Get the BEST.

Nikkor AF 80-200mm f2.8D ED.

:devil: :devil: :devil:

Regards
CK

If only my budget allowed me to :(

He has 1k to blow!!!! :devil: :devil: :devil:

Originally posted by romeo

But I'm considering between these 3 lens for a zoom lens. Hopefully someone can offer some insight :)

In all honesty all are pretty horrible. Toss a die to make a decision. Or see if you can find a used Tokina 80-200/2.8 AF (ATX) on the cheap.

Originally posted by Ian

In all honesty all are pretty horrible. Toss a die to make a decision. Or see if you can find a used Tokina 80-200/2.8 AF (ATX) on the cheap.

How much is the Tokina 80-200 btw? :)

How much is the Tokina 80-200 btw? :)

New it's over 1000 SGD, used probably around 400-600 dollars

Originally posted by Ian

New it's over 1000 SGD, used probably around 400-600 dollars

hahaha.. :( way out of my budget..

was looking for a zoom lens around $300-400

Sighz.. of the 3 I listed.. which one stands out as a better one then? :embrass:

Eh Ian, don't believe him, this bugger has 1k to spend. ;p

since nikon regularly gives away the 70-300G in his promotional packages with body, i think you can get the 70-300G really cheap by buying it off someone who bought the package and doesn't want the lens.

Alternatively, if you want, I can sell u my mint condition 75-300 f4.5-5.6 AF..... but i'll be back in singapore only in june

Romeo.....the lens choices u indicated will serve u well for general photography purposes. Anyway u get wat u paid for. Most photographers make do with wat they have/can afford. Of course, there are some photographers are afflicted with "finger paralysis syndrome" ie their fingers can't activate the shutter button coz a "pro" lens is not attached to the camera body!! :devil:

If only my budget allowed me to :(

You can get a used one for as low as $600 odd if you find hard enough, and do not mind the older, push-pull, non-D version of the same lens. :)

Also check out the Sigma 70-210 f/2.8. New is about $1300 I think, used should be cheaper.

Regards
CK

Oh well, thanks for all the advice guys :)

I guess I'm not ready to splurge so much on a pro lens yet.. I'm a newbie at photography and the stuff I take are quite normal :)

I guess I'll be satisfied with a consumer grade lens ;)

And YS.. I don't have 1K to spend :cry:

Thanks once again.. I'll be trying out all 3 tomorrow and decide heehee ;)

Originally posted by kongg
Of course, there are some photographers are afflicted with "finger paralysis syndrome" ie their fingers can't activate the shutter button coz a "pro" lens is not attached to the camera body!! :devil:

Yep there are those folks out there, thank goodness I'm not one of em as I use a number of 3rd party lenses and even consumer grade lenses when needed.

Thanks once again.. I'll be buying out all 3 tomorrow and decide heehee ;)

Yes yes, have fun. Fits your budget nicely too. :p

I think I saw the 80-200 f2.8 tokina going for $550 at adelphi.

Giving the 3, I will choose Tamron (if their price are about the same). Why?
1. Nikkor is G lens, meaning no aperture ring, and is not compatible with old Nikon camera. This G lens is cheap, thus will loose much money when selling it off later (you definitely well). There are lots of this lens in the market as Nikon is giving away it free in promotion bundles with F65, F80. This G lens is different from the non_G version, the non G version has ED glass inside.

2. Sigma...I still don't like Sigma lenses. Their built quality is inferior. I have not tried or seen 70-300mm Sigma nor Tamron before, but the 28-200mm Tamron is better built that the Sigma 28-200mm...I have more confident in Tamron.

Go for Tamron if all are at same price.

Just me...

Status
Not open for further replies.