Cons of D100 and S2 Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabriel

Jun 3, 2002
EPS
Visit site
Can any D100 and S2 Pro users states the cons of these 2 cameras please?Thank you.

Any users of the mentioned camera can help? please....thank you.

I'm pretty new with the D100, but so far, I've experienced quite a fair bit of underexposure, with or without flash (D-TTL). Not sure why, but I always had to key in about +0.7 - +1.0 stop compensation to get a correct exposure. The D100 is with version 2 firmware.

Larry, minimalis....thanx. Keep it coming guys...please....
I've been reading the D100 Brochures, it seems to have more function than the S2 Pro...but those functions are not what i'd normally use....
Appreciate it if more bros out there can comment further. Thank you.

D100 has a slow X-Sync Speed of 1/180s max
Can't freeze action shots now...

How's about the stupid function dial. You *can't* take a photo unless it is in either one of the photo-taking settings. ;( I nearly went back to the shop until I discovered this. Luckily, I forced myself to change the dial back to one of the photo-taking settings everything I use the dial.

I would like to have a bigger buffer as well.

Yup, think the slow sync is one of the cons of both cameras...could have made it faster in the first place rite.....

The dials are on both the cameras? Guess I know which dial u talking about :)

hmmm....AA batts are my selected choice....given the experience i had with proprietry battery that can be such a pain in bums..

Originally posted by willyfoo
D100 has a slow X-Sync Speed of 1/180s max
Can't freeze action shots now...

This is a wrong, when you take photos with flash, the effective "shutter speed" is the speed of the duration of the flash, around 1/50,000 or so. The only disadvantage of the slow sync is when doing high speed fill in flash... this happens under bright situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.