Cons of A40 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Royzzz

My budget will be not more than $650/-

I hope to get the cam at about $510 - $530/-
Accessories will include the tripod, filter, rechargable battery and 64mb CF. Hope all these will not hit $650/-. I not sure what other stuff I need. So what other accessories u be getting??

May get the underwater casing when I get use to the cam. That will cost another $100++

At the moment I had no idea what external lens r there. Anyone can comment?

UV Filter, Close-up Filter, lens adapter, teleconvertor.

Originally posted by revenant

UV Filter, Close-up Filter, lens adapter, teleconvertor.

Okie thanks.... but I think I am still too new for all these.... dun even know what all these for.....

You will need an external adaptor in order to use lens filters. Can try looking for some old post by the A40 owners here about the price of it.

As for the underwater casing, it cost around $300+ in AP. Unless u can get it in Japan which I've heard someone mention it's around $150...

Oh yeah the underwater casing retail price is S$369/-. My mistake.

So I believe the lens adaptor is the external adaptor u mentioned? If its the same, then the price is ard $30 as mentioned in other treads.

Originally posted by Royzzz
I have got these comments from a ex-owner of A40 at http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/read_opinion_text.asp?prodkey=canon_a40&opinion=10492

"The image quality is great when the camera focuses correctly. But if youre not outdoors or using studio lights, good luck with that. I turned on all the lights in my living room / dining room(300 watt halogen floor lamp, overhead halogens, incadescent lamp on end table, and halogen track lights) and still the camera couldnt focus reliably. Half the time, it beeps once, telling me it cant focus. I would adjust the aim for more contrast to help the autofocus out until i got the double beep of approval. But even then, I got well focused shots only about 50% of the time. I experimented with macro mode, portrait mode, landscape mode, and "regular" mode, but the focus problem remained. I was not using the zoom on these test shots. Finally after about 150 test shots of different things in my living room, I took the camera to work to see how it did with the office lighting. Again, it took a lot of persistance to get the double beep which signifies the camera is focusing ok, and even then, the shots came out out of focus!"

So how true are these comments?? Does A40 really needs very bright in order for the cam to be of focus??

Any A40 owner kindly comment. Thanks.

Can anyone comment on the above??

I got the followin quote.........

1) One Canon A40 - $545.00
2) One tripod - $38.00 with case (Human Height)
3) One 64mb - $55.00
4) One lens adaptor - $40.00
5) One filter - $25.00
6) One rechargable batt charger - 4 battery with charger $28.00

You all think these prices is reasonable???

Status
Not open for further replies.