Connect iPhone to DSLR

StarCaptain

Sep 8, 2011
Hey guys,

Did any one tried connecting iPhone directly to DSLR ? Is it achievable through HDMI cable ?

I am not looking wireless solutions, coz am already aware about OnOne Software and Eye-Fi solutions.

What is the point? The screen on the iphone is barely bigger than on the camera. Are you trying to transfer files to your iphone? Using the incredibly SLOW apple interface?

Save yourself the grief, just get extra memory cards.

It's not about that bdy, for example if I place my camera in the floor and you cannot lydown on the streets. That will be but annoying for passers. Instead trying to find a handy solution.
So if I connect my iPhone directly to DSLR , this would be ease my work during such scenarios.

Hope you got it now :)

StarCaptain said:
It's not about that bdy, for example if I place my camera in the floor and you cannot lydown on the streets. That will be but annoying for passers. Instead trying to find a handy solution.
So if I connect my iPhone directly to DSLR , this would be ease my work during such scenarios.

Wa! New up skirt technique ;-)

Why not just get a DSLR with a tilting screen?

Does the camera even give an HDMI signal in shooting mode? Thought this interface is for playback of images and video on bigger screen / tv.
Another point: any app that transfers only the video signal via HDMI might not show you viewfinder details (e.g. focus point, focus confirmation etc.). The right angle viewfinder extension will show everything. Depending on your subject you can setup the camera, use prefocus and trigger the shutter remotely. No need to check the viewfinder all the time.

If not HDMI, may other type of cable.
Octraine, Currently i do the same by using remote trigger. And these days am using my iPhone for ground level shots like this one.

Anyway, appreciate your time for replying me on this. I would like to close this thread after couple of comments.

Does the camera even give an HDMI signal in shooting mode? Thought this interface is for playback of images and video on bigger screen / tv.

Depends on the camera. The Sonys do.

TS,

understand that if there is handys or better way to get the rite angle, of coz need to be explore.
but i always feel that as a photographer,whenever feel that the rite angle is there.....
will not spolit or damage the camera, prone or lying down on the ground is the wills of photography.

Yes I already know about that, cannot change these things so fast my friend.

All I need to wait for some company to come up with new App :D