Congo African Grey Parrot Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday13

Aug 2, 2005
Heaven's Gate
Hi all, I am helping a friend post this.

A CAG (Congo African Grey) Parrot is lost at Woodlands Ave 4. It is a medium sized grey parrot with a red tail. If you found it or know someone who found it, please drop me a PM so that I can contact the owner. :)

Sad to say, but you are not gonna find it back .... i lost one 2 yrs back too ...:cry:

Ups....!! Hope the founder sees this or the lost and found Adv and return the parrot back to owner. The owner is very worried...

Friday13 said:
Hi all, I am helping a friend post this.

A CAG (Congo African Grey) Parrot is lost at Woodlands Ave 4. It is a medium sized grey parrot with a red tail. If you found it or know someone who found it, please drop me a PM so that I can contact the owner. :)

Wish your friend found his lost one soon.
:embrass:

Canonised said:
Sad to say, but you are not gonna find it back .... i lost one 2 yrs back too ...:cry:
Well, we are still hoping for some kind souls. :)

Looks like it has flown back to Congo.........birds need to flay lah!

HS

Another sad case of lost pets. Hope everything is over soon ..

Upz to help reunite my friend with his winged buddy.:)

Friday13 said:
Upz to help reunite my friend with his winged buddy.:)
The bird has found freedom, do you think it was happy in a cage? Parrots lives in the forest......not in a city. Let them have their freedom.....if you really love your pet bird, you should actually let them go....

Hong Sien

hongsien said:
The bird has found freedom, do you think it was happy in a cage? Parrots lives in the forest......not in a city. Let them have their freedom.....if you really love your pet bird, you should actually let them go....

Hong Sien

So you think they love to fly?
We buy these parrots away from the bird shops and give them care at home!
I seldom cage my parrot when at home, why it still go back to the cage by itself and sometimes not willing to come out. It is always very happy playing.

"Let them have their freedom.....if you really love your pet bird, you should actually let them go...." I thought the newspapaer already put up enough articles some times ago not to release pets into the wild? Those pets will mostly die since they can't fend for themself in wild. Freedom to death.

*No offence, just to clear up your misconceptions. ;)

hongsien said:

Hong Sien

Two things my pet bird hates is freedom and having to look for food.

hongsien said:

Hong Sien

Letting the pet Parrots go wild will be murder.

The pet Parrots or Macaws in Singapore are supposed to be bred but not caught from the wild.
They have virtually zero skills in harvesting their food, nesting, hunt nor defend themself from city danger like stray dogs, cats, rats and snakes too.

The cockatoos and parrots at Changi Point were pets too and luckily they adapted well to our urban jungle.:)

If ya have pet Parrot or Macaw to give away, donate it to the experts like the Bird Park or Mandai Zoo.

hongsien said:

Hong Sien
Dont think you know what you are talking....... :think:

Canonised said:
Dont think you know what you are talking....... :think:
Do you know what birds are? The have wings.....to do what with it?..........:)

I have always wondered what a bird qwould do if it was afraid of heights! Would it just keep walking? Like pinguins and chickens do?.........

HS

then close down the birdpark , zoo and night safari loh

dominator said:
I seldom cage my parrot when at home, why it still go back to the cage by itself and sometimes not willing to come out. It is always very happy playing.

"Let them have their freedom.....if you really love your pet bird, you should actually let them go...." I thought the newspapaer already put up enough articles some times ago not to release pets into the wild? Those pets will mostly die since they can't fend for themself in wild. Freedom to death.

So is it right to just keep them as pets, the reason people are breeding these birds to captivity is because there is a market, the only way to stop is to not buy them, when the market is not there anymore, these birds will not be bred anymore.......

It is like drugs, why are they still being sold, it is because there is a huge market!

I agree releasing them here in SIN city is no good, but take them back to the forest and slowly release them there, that may work. You know how much work it costs to do all this? (We have worped nature so much that these birds are becoming strangers to their own way of life just for own pleasures?).....As they do with orang utans and other apes kept as a 'pet' by some............even in the US there are people keeping them as 'pets'.

We can prevent it by not buying them anymore......

HS

dominator said:

I agree with dominator. The owner got the parrot when it is still a baby chick. It is a pet parrot, not a wild parrot. Wild parrot belongs to the nature, not a pet parrot.

hongsien said:
Do you know what birds are? The have wings.....to do what with it?..........:)

I have always wondered what a bird qwould do if it was afraid of heights! Would it just keep walking? Like pinguins and chickens do?.........

HS
Haha .... you still in nursery? "Do you know what birds are?" :bsmilie:

hongsien said:
So is it right to just keep them as pets, the reason people are breeding these birds to captivity is because there is a market, the only way to stop is to not buy them, when the market is not there anymore, these birds will not be bred anymore.......

It is like drugs, why are they still being sold, it is because there is a huge market!

I agree releasing them here in SIN city is no good, but take them back to the forest and slowly release them there, that may work. You know how much work it costs to do all this? (We have worped nature so much that these birds are becoming strangers to their own way of life just for own pleasures?).....As they do with orang utans and other apes kept as a 'pet' by some............even in the US there are people keeping them as 'pets'.

We can prevent it by not buying them anymore......

HS
Brudder ..... you are too confused ....:think:
"We can prevent it by not buying them anymore......" .... this statement is MEANT for endangered animals and exotic creatures ..... :bsmilie:
and keeping animals as ARE NOT like drugs ... think u r very confused. :think:
This thread we are talking about a parrot in Woodland and you bring in the orang utan and apes, and USA, ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.