confuss!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pix it

Nov 9, 2009
tamp
hey hello alll. . .
im kind of new in this . . .i still can't decide what kind of camera should i buy....
need help. . . canon or nikon???wat model???
really need help from u guys. . . :(

what is confuss?

there are almost dozens of threads asking the exact same questions as u. try reading them first?

hey hello alll. . .
im kind of new in this . . .i still can't decide what kind of camera should i buy....
Ask yourself this checklist.
Qn 1. What is your budget?
Qn 2. What DSLR brand does the majority of your friend use? Not sure, are you M or W? Go try out at the shops how the cam fit in your hand.
Qn 3. What type of photography do you like? Portrait? Landscape? Night scene? Nature? Sports? Paparazzi?
Come back with some answers to these qns

hey hello alll. . .

If you don't know, DO NOT BUY. The camera model you get is YOUR CAMERA, not ours. YOU will be using it.

It is YOU who needs to decide if Canon, Nikon, Sony, Olympus or Pentax has the features, price and ergonomics you want.

Or do you let others tell you what underwear to buy? What brand and size of running shoe? We can't, since those choices are unique to us and we get the brand/size that is most comfortable for us. You need to do the same.

Ask yourself this checklist.
Qn 1. What is your budget?
Qn 2. What DSLR brand does the majority of your friend use? Not sure, are you M or W? Go try out at the shops how the cam fit in your hand.
Qn 3. What type of photography do you like? Portrait? Landscape? Night scene? Nature? Sports? Paparazzi?
Come back with some answers to these qns

1)buget $500
2)nikon. . .im a male

If you don't know, DO NOT BUY. The camera model you get is YOUR CAMERA, not ours. YOU will be using it.

It is YOU who needs to decide if Canon, Nikon, Sony, Olympus or Pentax has the features, price and ergonomics you want.

Or do you let others tell you what underwear to buy? What brand and size of running shoe? We can't, since those choices are unique to us and we get the brand/size that is most comfortable for us. You need to do the same.

okay . . .i hav a few choice in my mind. . .but still can't decide yet. . .
this is my first camera to be. . .don want to make the wrong choice. . .
tats y im here,asking Q

Last edited:
then get nikon lo
can share lenses, if ur friends are willing to
d3000 n d5000 are entry level DSLRs, check em out...

1)buget $500
2)nikon. . .im a male

Budget, not buget...

With a budget that low, you should look at the second-hand section here called the Marketplace. You can find cameras from all brands being sold that will meet your budget.

I think this guy is very blur.Don't what he want in the first place.Camera model/camera brand and how much is he going to spend?
Very blur.

With a budget that low, you should look at the second-hand section here called the Marketplace. You can find cameras from all brands being sold that will meet your budget.

Hello, pix it.
I can't help but agree with Rashkae bro.
$500 is a little low for a DSLR. Although yes in your first posting you did not specifically state that you wanted to buy a DSLR.
Therefore either you buy a brand new non-DSLR, or yes, a second hand entry level DSLR like the Nikon D40, or Canon 350D etc..
Don't decide first.
Go down to any of those many shops in Peninsula Shopping Centre that sell second hand cameras and ask to look and feel.
If your friends all use Nikon, and if you are close to them and intend to learn from them and borrow lenses, then stick to Nikon.
My humble opinion.

1)buget $500
2)nikon. . .im a male
Well in that case do you like the photo results your friend's having with Nikon? If yes -> GOTO B&S section check out on all the DLSR with <$500 price tag like D50, D70s, etc & borrow the lenses from your friend to see which one you like to use.

Go get one & test them out & once you are proficient enough can save more to upgrade to a Nikon D90s or D400 by then:bsmilie:

Last edited:
okay guys. . .tanx for all the help. . .
350d should be juz fine. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.