Confusion between Spot Metering & Focusing

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamer_toons

Aug 6, 2006
Hi all,

I have a d80 and needs some enlightenment here.

Let say I want to take a scene and I use spot meter to meter the light at a small area. However, I do not want the focus point to be at that spot. Am I right to say that I have to change the focus point to another focus bracket while I still aim the spot meter at that particular spot to meter light? What happen if my intended focus point does not fall within the rest of my focus bracket?

Hi all,

I have a d80 and needs some enlightenment here.

Let say I want to take a scene and I use spot meter to meter the light at a small area. However, I do not want the focus point to be at that spot. Am I right to say that I have to change the focus point to another focus bracket while I still aim the spot meter at that particular spot to meter light? What happen if my intended focus point does not fall within the rest of my focus bracket?
point the focusing point at the place where you want to meter and do a AE-L (Auto-Exposure lock) and then reposition to do the focusing and lastly recompose and snap...

Another way is to shoot in manual mode. Meter on the spot, get the correct metering, then recompose the picture at your desired focal point. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.