Confused with settings....nid hlp...

amd-stone

Apr 7, 2010
East,Pasir ris
hello guys, i nid advise....aftr discvring dat different types of genre(landscape,protrait,macro) require different settings(iso,shuter spd, aperature)

I am very confused of geting wad i wan in the end. i had no isues wif landscape potos as it is quite clear of geting wad i wan in the end. But for macro and protrait, i find my pics very disapointing. nid help.....:'(

some of my frenz sey its the angle, some say the pic must tel a story....:(:cry::bheart::thumbsd:

hello guys, i nid advise....aftr discvring dat different types of genre(landscape,protrait,macro) require different settings(iso,shuter spd, aperature)

I am very confused of geting wad i wan in the end. i had no isues wif landscape potos as it is quite clear of geting wad i wan in the end. But for macro and protrait, i find my pics very disapointing. nid help.....:'(

some of my frenz sey its the angle, some say the pic must tel a story....:(:cry::bheart::thumbsd:

Post some shoots to find out what wrong with it. And why you don't like about the photos?:)

From what you say, I think you have problems with landscape photography as well, just that you don't know you have.

For starters read these guides and apply the concepts.

Camera basics
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309544

Composition
http://www.amateursnapper.com/photography/10-top-photography-composition-rules
http://digital-photography-school.com/digital-photography-composition-tips

More topics covered here:
http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials.htm

dun b upset...if you r using 1 lens for landscape, then use the same lens for portrait, it's still ok...but if the same lens for macro then u will realise how disappointing it is...

always think of compo first...will def help...
anyway, nt every photo can tell a story...don't need to die die must hv a story kinda approach...

judging from your typing habit, i would easily assume you are a teenager?

not every photo tells a story, many are just... photo. nice or not is subjective, post some of your shots to give an example "how bad" you think they are.

but at the end of the day, shoot more, get more experiences. those friends telling you different things, do they have examples of their suggestions, or plainly just talk? when i suggest something i give my own sample shots.

Last edited:
judging from your typing habit, i would easily assume you are a teenager?

not every photo tells a story, many are just... photo. nice or not is subjective, post some of your shots to give an example "how bad" you think they are.

but at the end of the day, shoot more, get more experiences. those friends telling you different things, do they have examples of their suggestions, or plainly just talk? when i suggest something i give my own sample shots.

Bro Alan, he's a 25 year old 'teenager' who is just lazy to type in full.

I am not sure how much knowledge he's been able to absorb in regards to the exposure tripartite (ISO, Aperture, Shutter Speed), but kinda hard to tell without a picture to help him with his actual problem.

But if the TS is confused, you could always try to use the Auto mode on your camera, then you pretty much don't have to worry about fine tuning the settings for the scene you want to capture.

HTH. Cheers!

From what you say, I think you have problems with landscape photography as well, just that you don't know you have.

For starters read these guides and apply the concepts.

Camera basics
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309544

Composition
http://www.amateursnapper.com/photography/10-top-photography-composition-rules
http://digital-photography-school.com/digital-photography-composition-tips

More topics covered here:
http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials.htm

From what he's typed, I think he has more important problems than photography...
like.... spelling.

c'mon TS.. I know this is not an English forum, but please put some effort into typing decent sentences. A spelling mistake or 2 is easily overlooked, but this looks like SMS-style of typing, and not a lack of command of the English language.

I'm looking forward to seeing some landscape shots, since you claim you have no issues with it.

1. Please work on your spelling. I'm getting a headache just trying to translate what you typed.
2. Please go to the gallery section, then post a portrait shot (note the spelling) for critique.

almost everyone start in the same shoes as u.....
a lot of factor play a part in every genre....and different photgrapher got their own inclination. the best is for u to post u're picture and ask for pointers....

a picture speaks a thousand words. no amount of description from you is going to help, unless you post one of your pictures.

Before I go on, please do somthing about your English structure and sentences. One or two spelling errors can be overlooked but your whole post is difficult to read and make no sense. What's nid? Aftr? Discvring? dat? Geting? Wad? Frenz? Sey?:eek:

Before I go on, please do somthing about your English structure and sentences. One or two spelling errors can be overlooked but your whole post is difficult to read and make no sense. What's nid? Aftr? Discvring? dat? Geting? Wad? Frenz? Sey?:eek:

exactly the reason why i mistook him for a teenager... :bsmilie::sweat:

exactly the reason why i mistook him for a teenager... :bsmilie::sweat:
that's stereotyping or pigeon-holing!! :bsmilie:

This kind of habit is hard to break. If going into the workforce, .... :bigeyes:
I would not employ or confirm someone who wrote like that...

This kind of habit is hard to break. If going into the workforce, .... :bigeyes:

I never believe in SMS English. It's simply a bad excuse for poor English. My 6 year old grandson writes better than TS. It's not that I want to criticise but I simply cannot comprehend what TS is enquiring. :what:

Rome was not built in a day. And I think the TS has fly kite us already :bsmilie:

that's stereotyping or pigeon-holing!! :bsmilie:

you cant blame me for that, most would grow out of it pretty quick and easily. this is my first time seeing a 25 yr old doing it. :dunno:

you cant blame me for that, most would grow out of it pretty quick and easily. this is my first time seeing a 25 yr old doing it. :dunno:
My 38 year old friend SMS like that :bigeyes:
but luckily he is somehow able to switch it off on command. His written and spoken english are pretty darn good.

My 38 year old friend SMS like that :bigeyes:
but luckily he is somehow able to switch it off on command. His written and spoken english are pretty darn good.

There was a time when we had to limit our SMS to within 140 characters but smartphones have removed that restriction. It is no excuse to continue using abbreviations that sounded like proper words when you read aloud but itself make no sense. Use it once in awhile makes it fun but if it is used beyond your teens will degrade employer's perception of your communication skills.