Confuse....

Jeffrey11

Oct 24, 2010
Bro wanna check wit u guy since im new... Is sony A33 or canon 60D a better choice for long term usage.... As iv got both of them and thinking which 1 wanna sell as both are good to me..... N how come canon 50f1.4mm when am taking close shots y is the screen blur in certain area even though its focus auto.... Thkz need some help....

Bro wanna check wit u guy since im new... Is sony A33 or canon 60D a better choice for long term usage.... As iv got both of them and thinking which 1 wanna sell as both are good to me..... N how come canon 50f1.4mm when am taking close shots y is the screen blur in certain area even though its focus auto.... Thkz need some help....

Wow, you have both? Both of the camera can last you a long time, so its all up to your personal "feel", which one suits you better? For your 2nd question, just read up more on the camera basics, esp on aperture and you will know why, too long to explain here.

if i were u i keep both with A33 being my dedicated video cam :bsmilie:(joke aside the video capability is class leading for now) as for the 50f1.4 do ur basic study on apature mode + DOF please read up ur manual book it's explained there, sigh so little knowledge but so nice gear u're making me jealous :bsmilie:

Last edited:
To be blunt and frank, you need to upgrade your knowledge instead of focusing (pardon the pun) on which camera is better.

From your questions, it appears you lack basic knowledge.

To be blunt and frank, you need to upgrade your knowledge instead of focusing (pardon the pun) on which camera is better.

From your questions, it appears you lack basic knowledge.

And because you lack knowledge, it is best to learn. Here are some links to help you.

Basics of camera operation:
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309544

Composition
http://www.amateursnapper.com/photography/10-top-photography-composition-rules
http://www.digital-photography-school.com/digital-photography-composition-tips
http://www.digital-photography-school.com/10-more-quick-composition-tips-illustrated

DOF is Depth of Field . . . :)

which is controlled by changing the Aperture in your setting . . . :)

Read the link or google and you will learn it . . .

I think it's more DOF problem. He said blur in certain areas, so I'm assuming it's sharp in others.

TS (Jeffrey11), it doesn't matter whether auto-focus using whatever NASA advanced algorithm... as long as the DOF is insufficient to cover all the objects in your frame, you won't be able to get all of them sharp in one exposure.

Hi, Keep both cams because they are still new and play with them with the manuals to learn more till mid next year. Then you can consider new cams to buy.

I see more and more newbie users buy first read up later. :nono: tsk..tsk...tsk.

Even with advancement in features and technology you cannot skip the basics in photography even if you only dare to use AUTO mode all the time.

You should at least read up on those basics before buying one. That is the only way to judge whether getting a DSLR is really what you want or a prosumer cam like Panasonic FZ100 is what you actually need.

The cost of a DSLR setup isn't deterring buyers nowadays. If you look at the future, later on, buying high-end lenses,flash,tripod etc,etc.....it's still an expensive hobby.

Not to mention how technical it's still is.

Remember all would-be DSLR owners or you'll end up selling them in a month's time.

Last edited: