conflict?

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wowowoof

Dear all,

Am posting a query, which I hope some of you CSers can shed light to. I attended a Basic Photography course organised by one of the shoot organisers in October 2007. Subsequently, I was given the URL address to join in their photography forum (not Clubsnap). I wasz afraid I would be deregistered as there is an apparent conflict. I have heard some organisers were also deregistered for having a parallel forum which I believe run against rules and regulations as set by CS.

To moderators/ CS admin, will I be deregistered too? I am also concern, why even though the shoot organiser has an alternative forum, are they not registered too. Attached is an email they sent to me:

PhotoVivo Update
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 17:04:37 +0800
Dear Photovivo-ers,

Oversea Trips

The Chiangmai-Chiangrai trip is confirmed and closed. The photovivo-ers are now gearing up for the trip.

LAST CALL!!! Vietnam trip is confirmed also and we are now waiting for any last additions to the list. Please confirmed latest by 2nd November 2007 if you are keen to join the Vietnam trip. Details can be found on <<link removed>>
Photovivo Photography Seminar

The 2nd PhotoVivo Photography Seminar is scheduled to be held on the 24th Nov, Saturday, morning from 10am to 1pm. Please block your date in your diary. Details will be announced soon. We will try to keep the fees affordable at S$15 per pax, mainly to cover the cost.

PhotoVivo Forum

PhotoVivo forum has a few new additions, such as "A Picture A Day", "Place to Makan" etc. Not to be missed also is the Photo critique. Look forward to your postings.
URL removed

PhotoVivo Outings/Studio Sessions

PhotoVivo is organising a series of monthly local outings and studio sessions. Details to be announced soon. Information can be found in URL removed

Happy photographing.

Cheers,

PhotoVivo

Probably you would be asking why now then post. Reason being that I have been mulling over the issue and decided to post, to seek clearance from admin CS before I join in the new forum. Would it be possible then?

Nah, you're thinking too much. Why would anyone ban you for joining multiple forums?

I am one of the admins for an aquatic interest forum. Never banned anyone for having interests to mingle in different communities. About the only time the banhammer gets unleashed is on spammers. ;)

And herein lies the problem - if you had not posted this, we would not have known about you joining another forum ... now that we know you have ....

... well, actually we are not so petty as to deregister members from ClubSNAP just because they joined other forums. After all, the Internet is a pretty large place and there is just no way for us to prohibit such actions.

We do believe that ClubSNAP offers members much more from a forums perspective and that members continue to come in here. And we will continue to improve ClubSNAP so that our members continue to make ClubSNAP their preferred online destination for all things photographic.

With regards to deregistration of members, it has been done in the past (and we will do so again) if we find that members (even if they are Advertisers or Shoot Organisers) are using ClubSNAP primarily to garner support and poach members to their own forums/site. We believe in a Live and Let Live system - we do not go into other forums and sites to pull members over to our site, and as long as others respect that "rule" and do not violate our guidelines in that respect, we are okay with that and they are free to participate in ClubSNAP.

Oh yeah ... just in case this is a thinly-veiled attempt to promote the other forum, we have censored out the name ... can't be too paranoid you know ;)

to what I understand, you are free to join any photography forum, as long

you don't promote A forum inside B forum.
you don't bad month A forum inside A forum.
you don't bad month A forum everywhere you go.
you don't brake any rules and regulation in the forum.

Last edited:
Thank you CS administrator for your explanation. I hope I will not trouble you further, if you can help me also to understand this issue.

I got to know about ctheir photography course posted in your 'courses' forum. It was by k******** B***. At that time, I was not registered into CS, and I registered myself through walk in. I attended their course and it was during the course and through my particulars (email address) that they introduced to us their forum, which the email attachment in my previous message was received. That being the case, would they then be considered as 'garner support and poach members to their forums/site' ?

Just some question for kopitiam discussion. :)

to what I understand, you are free to join any photography forum, as long

you don't promote A forum inside B forum.
you don't bad month A forum inside A forum.
you don't bad month A forum everywhere you go.
you don't brake any rules and regulation in the forum.

??? brake??? :bsmilie:

u zham the rules?

I join all the photography forums available here and I never got any problems from any Mods .....

The only thing you have to keep in mind is that you have to be sincere and honest in all your dealings with all the forum members and Mods. The best is try never to bad-mouthed anyone or anything and you should be ok.

The simple way is to registered the same nick for all the forums. This tells a lot about your objective/motive ... :think:

Hi bro wowowoof,

My friend told me about the same thing when she attended the basic photographic course organised by them. They they tried to encourage her to join their forum during her course as well as receiving email invites. Since CS does not boot them out, it should be legitimate, dun worry la.

On the other hand, she shared that she was rather fed up and felt short changed with the way their course was conducted and vowed not to attend another course organised by them. She complained about lessons ending early, lessons too brief blah blah.. complains after complains.. Personally, I guess you will need to attend their course to know, as different people have different expectation. Perhaps she could have wanted to learn something more and did not get it. Sigh, Singaporeans!!! Nothing but complains..

my honest opinion (an aunty point of view)...

The INTERNET is like a FOOD COURT.
u can choose which stall to patronize and what food u want to eat (be it your fav, your regular joint or even 1st time trying..)
u can buy similar food from other stalls.
u can sit anywhere u likel.
it's a OPEN MARKET..
just relax and enjoy and be happy.

we join forums to learn (get knowledge) and at the same time, interact and make friends (common interests)..:angel:

so if you have the time, why not,...
Never restrict yourself only to one kind/type of food ...erhem..I mean forums ..:)

:lovegrin:

my honest opinion (an aunty point of view)...

The INTERNET is like a FOOD COURT.
u can choose which stall to patronize and what food u want to eat (be it your fav, your regular joint or even 1st time trying..)
u can buy similar food from other stalls.
u can sit anywhere u likel.
it's a OPEN MARKET..
just relax and enjoy and be happy.

we join forums to learn (get knowledge) and at the same time, interact and make friends (common interests)..:angel:

so if you have the time, why not,...
Never restrict yourself only to one kind/type of food ...erhem..I mean forums ..:)

:lovegrin:
I agree with you as far as your analogy between forum members and food court customers. Now what about the stall-holders?
Say, the stall owner in a coffee-shop also has another stall in a rival coffeshop. Then he tells customers from one coffee-shop to patronise his stall in the rival coffeeshop. Acceptable?

I agree with you as far as your analogy between forum members and food court customers. Now what about the stall-holders?
Say, the stall owner in a coffee-shop also has another stall in a rival coffeshop. Then he tells customers from one coffee-shop to patronise his stall in the rival coffeeshop. Acceptable?

ignore the stall holders lor...:bsmilie:

world peace.....:heart:

in a modern food court, you only have only ONE coffee stall.

in a hawker center, there are many coffee stalls.

MOE says, you are free to sit anywhere regardless which stall you patron, however most people won't buy a cup of Kopi from stall A, than sit in front of coffee stall B and drink it.

one week after my posting, except for a few constructive views from some csers, there were also quite a few banal talkers here. Kopttiam talk is kopitiam talk, but talk according to issues raised please.

Was hoping to get more insight and views from the moderators and the administrators, except for Darren, whom I have raised some counter issues, my queries were not addressed.

Hopefully, some moderators or administrators can shed some light to my following queries. Also, I would like to ask the following:
1) If I would like be a course organiser in CS, is it possible?
2) If I would also set up my own forum concurrently, is it permissible? Reason being that there are also a lot of people who are looking for alternative veiws to photography, which might not be offered in CS.

CS to me, has a lot of potential. I would like to help raise the standard of photography such that a lot of people benefit when using their DSLR/ didital cams. More people means more visitors and memberships in CS/ new forum. There is also a lot of awareness / unawareness in using digital cameras now, so, the role of CS here is very important.

Would appreciate if some constructive views are posted. If talk rot, please do not post on my thread. TYVM (Thank you very much)

one week after my posting, except for a few constructive views from some csers, there were also quite a few banal talkers here. Kopttiam talk is kopitiam talk, but talk according to issues raised please.

Was hoping to get more insight and views from the moderators and the administrators, except for Darren, whom I have raised some counter issues, my queries were not addressed.

Hopefully, some moderators or administrators can shed some light to my following queries. Also, I would like to ask the following:
1) If I would like be a course organiser in CS, is it possible?
2) If I would also set up my own forum concurrently, is it permissible? Reason being that there are also a lot of people who are looking for alternative veiws to photography, which might not be offered in CS.

CS to me, has a lot of potential. I would like to help raise the standard of photography such that a lot of people benefit when using their DSLR/ didital cams. More people means more visitors and memberships in CS/ new forum. There is also a lot of awareness / unawareness in using digital cameras now, so, the role of CS here is very important.

Would appreciate if some constructive views are posted. If talk rot, please do not post on my thread. TYVM (Thank you very much)

wow, u only attended basic photography course in Oct 2007, and you can now teach? :bigeyes:

You sure have alot of ambition, esp for a newbie...

Read my words... IF... nothing is impossible in this world ..

If Yam can cook, so can I. In view where many of my fellow csers paying good money to attend some courses that end early, get nothing much in return except playing only with program mode, a flash course included which only teach you how to shoot only in program mode..to menothing much of a hands on... I think if people who claim they are instructors can actually teach this way, I am of the opinion that what I impart will be more value for money

as mentioned also, an alternative view ....

constructive views.. and do not put me down please.

sorry.. flash technique in theory...

Status
Not open for further replies.