Confirm the New distributor is Shriro

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlowerTear

Apr 4, 2005
Yesterday I call JJ service centre, they told me JJ no longer Pentax distributor. The new distributor is Shriro, their service centre will open after Chinese new year.

Shriro Singapore Pte Ltd
11 Chang Charn Road
#06-01 Shriro House
Singapore 159640

Tel: 6472 7777

FlowerTear said:
Yesterday I call JJ service centre, they told me JJ no longer Pentax distributor. The new distributor is Shriro, their service centre will open after Chinese new year.

Shriro Singapore Pte Ltd
11 Chang Charn Road
#06-01 Shriro House
Singapore 159640

Tel: 6472 7777

Thanks for the info. Hope this one will be better than JJ :)

Heh heh... They should be, their also the distributors for Nikon, Hasselblads, Linhofs and Imacon... :)

Pyre of Fyre said:
Heh heh... They should be, their also the distributors for Nikon, Hasselblads, Linhofs and Imacon... :)

No, they are no more distributors for Nikon many years back.

hoho...congrats to every pentax user....aiya...hasselblad and imacon now the sama sama company liao....;)

Well...that remains to be seen :dunno:

felixcat8888 said:
That is good news to all Pentax owners. Got good support again.

Ha...not meant to be cold blanket here...but...when did we ever gotten good service with Pentax agents?

1998, need extra cable release for my Z1/ Z1p, they said no stock. They'll call Japan. 1 mth later...same answer. :dunno:

2000, need to replace broken eyepieces, they said no stock. They'll call Japan. 1 mth later...same answer. :dunno:

2005, send in flash for repair. They see see look look. Finally 'accept' to repair. 3 weeks later...they said beyond repair...offered to swop with a newer model but at a price. I didn't take the offer & send flash to a friend's 18 yrs old son (ITE student in electrical) to try my luck (riding on 1% hope). He dismantled it & soldered a lose wire & BINGO!!! But agent :dunno:

Francis Lee said:
Ha...not meant to be cold blanket here...but...when did we ever gotten good service with Pentax agents?

1998, need extra cable release for my Z1/ Z1p, they said no stock. They'll call Japan. 1 mth later...same answer. :dunno:

2000, need to replace broken eyepieces, they said no stock. They'll call Japan. 1 mth later...same answer. :dunno:

2005, send in flash for repair. They see see look look. Finally 'accept' to repair. 3 weeks later...they said beyond repair...offered to swop with a newer model but at a price. I didn't take the offer & send flash to a friend's 18 yrs old son (ITE student in electrical) to try my luck (riding on 1% hope). He dismantled it & soldered a lose wire & BINGO!!! But agent :dunno:

Shriro has a senior technician who was repairing Nikon & Hasselblad when Shriro was the distributor for Nikon.

He was train in Nikon, Japan and later Hasselblad Sweden, before the split.
Now he is still in Shriro. (I met him just a couple of days back).
On top of that, they have a "on the ball" manager. :bsmilie:

So, not to worry, u should be getting better service than all the other previous Pentax agents. :thumbsup:

Francis Lee said:

for your 2005 case....i think they didnt even open up and see at all...

TeeCee said:
Shriro has a senior technician who was repairing Nikon & Hasselblad when Shriro was the distributor for Nikon.

He was train in Nikon, Japan and later Hasselblad Sweden, before the split.
Now he is still in Shriro. (I met him just a couple of days back).
On top of that, they have a "on the ball" manager. :bsmilie:

So, not to worry, u should be getting better service than all the other previous Pentax agents. :thumbsup:
;) i hope they will be on the ball...

Just called this Shriro to order a Focusing Screen for my Ds, the agent even couldn't spell *ist Ds right :( I had to repeat several times before he recorded it down. Obvious he doesn't even now anything about Pentax dSLR cameras.

Oh well, hope they can catch up with Pentax product line and server us better ...

fengwei said:
Just called this Shriro to order a Focusing Screen for my Ds, the agent even couldn't spell *ist Ds right :( I had to repeat several times before he recorded it down. Obvious he doesn't even now anything about Pentax dSLR cameras.

Oh well, hope they can catch up with Pentax product line and server us better ...

what kind of focussing screen?
split image?

fengwei said:

Bro,

why didn't you get the Katzeye focus screen.. heard its good.. but expensive.. i would like to give it a try if i strike toto this friday.....:D :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

tiong78 said:
what kind of focussing screen?
split image?

I wanted to order an LL-60 focusing screen, those with 1/3rd straight lines to help framing.

Talked to this guy (Boon Son, a very nice guy) about the order. He's very patient but obvious he doesn't know anything about Pentax camera. Did get the order though after several minutes educational instruction (to him :bsmilie: ). The cost is S$68.50 shipped here :)

k_istDS said:
Bro,

why didn't you get the Katzeye focus screen.. heard its good.. but expensive.. i would like to give it a try if i strike toto this friday.....:D :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

That one is way too expensive. My Ds only worth about S$800 SGD now, and that one alone cost over S$300! Besides, I don't use MF lens anymore except the Zenitar, don't think that screen will do much help.

Good luck for your toto purchase :D

fengwei said:
I wanted to order an LL-60 focusing screen, those with 1/3rd straight lines to help framing.

Talked to this guy (Boon Son, a very nice guy) about the order. He's very patient but obvious he doesn't know anything about Pentax camera. Did get the order though after several minutes educational instruction (to him :bsmilie: ). The cost is S$68.50 shipped here :)

If you do end up getting the focusing screen, it would be great if you could share your thoughts on it and whether it really you out. Been thinking about getting that focusing screen, but I really have no idea how much it'll help.

k_istDS said:
Bro,

Hi Bro

If i strike TOTO tonight. I will buy you the screen. so pray hard.

Heretix said:
If you do end up getting the focusing screen, it would be great if you could share your thoughts on it and whether it really you out. Been thinking about getting that focusing screen, but I really have no idea how much it'll help.

Well, if you have a SLR camera with a focusing screen like that, you'd know how much easier to get the horizontal or straight lines right in the frame. The bundled focusing screen doesn't have the 1/3rd grid lines. I know a lot guys at DPR have got that screen and love it a lot. I'm sure I'd love mine too.

It only costs S$68.50 from the new vendor. Give them a call, and look for Boon Son (a really helpful guy I must say, although he isn't familar with Pentax stuff yet).

Cheers.

Francis Lee said:

OT a little.

Openning a flash? Kinda dangerous cos I understand that it has capacitor that carries high voltage charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.