Confession of an Underdog

Six-GHz

Nov 29, 2006
Finally I’ve laid off my industry leader of five years and turn towards a comparatively lesser known manufacturer. One of the reasons is my inclination (or was it morbid fascination) on underrated things, and my stash of old screw-mount m42 primes, which are more readily adaptable.

Lurking in this sub-forum, I’ve found the community here is, well, more bought into passion than hype. And I’ve to thank people like Felix8888 (from cars to photog, and somehow coaxed me towards this), Frank and istDeS (yes I was the guy at the Arts Museum last year toying a K7), ex-Nightmare86 for his surreal and dreamy productions, and of course many others more.

I may never produce keepers as great as many of you here, but while the interest keeps burning, with a K5, I’m stepping into the world of underdogs.

And lastly to Robin, whom I’ve gotten the gears - if you’re reading this - again, it’s an uplifting experience dealing with you.

Welcome to the family :) And you have a great start (w/ K5) as a Pentaxian I'd say.

Welcome, welcome!

I don't quite see myself -- despite starting out with a Pentax DSLR -- or the rest of us here as underdogs though.. rather, we are top dogs in terms of value for money, quality of lenses and bodies, and of course, quality of photos.

Woof! :)

My housemate just got his 24-70 F2.8 for his Nikon D90, of course they have the priviledge of going FF in the future, but I always laugh at their massive set-up.

He had to buy a new camera bag just to fit the new lens :D

2 other friends acquired the D7000 and Canon 60D, when they come back and I collect my K5, maybe we will have a shoot out :D

Underdog or not, I know I have a lightweight dog to compete.

PS: Just want to ask what was your industry leading set-up before??

Finally I’ve laid off my industry leader of five years and turn towards a comparatively lesser known manufacturer. One of the reasons is my inclination (or was it morbid fascination) on underrated things, and my stash of old screw-mount m42 primes, which are more readily adaptable.

Lurking in this sub-forum, I’ve found the community here is, well, more bought into passion than hype. And I’ve to thank people like Felix8888 (from cars to photog, and somehow coaxed me towards this), Frank and istDeS (yes I was the guy at the Arts Museum last year toying a K7), ex-Nightmare86 for his surreal and dreamy productions, and of course many others more.

I may never produce keepers as great as many of you here, but while the interest keeps burning, with a K5, I’m stepping into the world of underdogs.

And lastly to Robin, whom I’ve gotten the gears - if you’re reading this - again, it’s an uplifting experience dealing with you.

Bro, finally a Pentaxin. Welcome!! Welcome!!

K5 rox!

Welocme and nice to see you join the Pentax family here.:D

Thanks for the warm invitations! I've indeed a long way to go... now trying to get used to the UI.

PS: Just want to ask what was your industry leading set-up before??
I was an N-user.

Welcome to the Friendly World of the Pentaxians!
"Be Interesting"!

May I ask is it my SD card or the cam takes like 3 secs to show a JPEG image (no custom filters added) under the image auto review?

turn off auto distortion/CA control, it'll be instant. otherwise depending on your card, read/write after burst shooting will be affected also

elavan said:
turn off auto distortion/CA control, it'll be instant.

turn off those setting wil affect photo?

may I knw wat different about raw n raw+??

may I knw wat different about raw n raw+??

raw = the camera will only save the raw file for you
raw+ = the camera will save the raw and jpeg file for you so you have 2 files of the same pic, 1 in raw and 1 in jpeg

bt I juz try...I take by raw+ n juz get one photo...