Confession of an ex Singapore Girl

It is really a tough job to be air steward/stewardess. No joke. Especially if you have a management that doesn't care about their frontline staff...

SIA is no longer than good old company. They cut a lot of benefits and other incentives, and make staff work harder. I don't know whether due to its the senior mgt incompetency

The staff turnover rate speaks the hard truth.

Nothing surprising if you have taken a flight before. They are just paid more than others in the service industry. Of course they have higher risks consider the flying time.

Personally I think pilots are over paid as compared to stewardess. It is a similar case to doctor and nurses. We need to train more to even out.

Well written expose

Nothing surprising if you have taken a flight before. They are just paid more than others in the service industry. Of course they have higher risks consider the flying time.

Personally I think pilots are over paid as compared to stewardess. It is a similar case to doctor and nurses. We need to train more to even out.

Pilots don't get it very good nowadays too. Many are now on contracts and not perm. The entire airline industry is just not doing well. But yes, they do get paid a lot more than the service staff, it is because of what they can and are certified to do.

I like the writer's comment

"...I dreaded going to work, I dreaded the work itself- the nonstop labour intensive work where you literally walk to London..."

It's only a matter of time before they start recruiting PRC's for the job......Sir, would you like tea or Chinese tea? ..... :)

Ok time to confess.. who asked for the Strait Times ? :bsmilie:

I saw something similar written by a German woman working for Lufthansa. It's basically the same situation there, just minus off the Singapore Girl story (there's no equivalent in Lufthansa).
A food for thought for everyone how one acts and behaves on flights,regardless which airline.

I saw something similar written by a German woman working for Lufthansa. It's basically the same situation there, just minus off the Singapore Girl story (there's no equivalent in Lufthansa).
A food for thought for everyone how one acts and behaves on flights,regardless which airline.

Part of me says, hats off to the hard work they do, and how they endure the requests from passengers. The other part of me also sees that there are jobs which are available, in which a lot of sweat and hard work is involved and our younger people are reluctant to get into these jobs.

Ask some of the M'sians flying for us. Sure it's hard, but they are happy to take it up, and get that pay. The same goes for the Chinese. For everyone girl who gets chosen, more than a hundred get rejected.

So do we have what it takes to do a good job?
5.jpg

Last edited:
The next time you take a plane, be kind and appreciate their service. As a matter of fact appreciate all services and don't act like people owe you. Imagine that person serving you may be our love ones.

They employed PRC stewardess since donkeys years ago LOL.....

Haha...so that's where the complaints are coming from .....

SQ markets itself as premium hence customer's expectations are higher. Blame it on them for not having the right policies to ensure employees are well taken care of

If you fall asleep you'll miss your meal in the plane. Is that right?

I was in Cathay Pacific last year. The air hostess didn't wake me up.

I remembered years ago I flew business class and had to fill in a sticker on the seat requesting to be woken come meal time.

Last edited:
"""There was once I did this flight to Sydney. It was a A380, it can take 399 passengers in economy class so you can imagine the chaos. Sydney flights are really really tough and A LOT of crew always take MC for Sydney flights, yes it's THAT bad. You practically walk all the way to Sydney and you work until your panties become a G-string."""

Luckily the A380 did not converted to All EY class (Economy) which take >600 passengers, G string also become No string and all vomit blood.