Condolence To The Family of Loh Hwei Yen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

I just saw the articles online about the death of our SG hostage, Ms Loh Hwei Yen.

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/cna/20081129/tap-024-shock-sadness-singaporean-hostag-231650b.html

I am very sad :cry: at the same time very angry :angry: with those terrorists for their barbarian act.

Lets all convey our condolences to her family and also not forgetting to other hostages, lets pray for their safety.

Thank you.

:cry:

Sad day for everyone.

This episode shows that we should show more love and spend more time to our loved ones because life is too unpredictable...

Last edited:
These terrorists cowards should be wiped off the face of this earth. :angry:

Let call them what they are BUT cowards they are NOT. What they did was very much what they intend to do to the hostages and whoever that come up against them from the beginning. These are religious fanatical zealots whose agenda was clear from the moment they put their terror plan in motion. The indoctrination they have been put under makes them see other humans who are not like them to be just animals to be slaugther without remorse or hesitation in the name of their belief and so call "struggle". Negotiation is a good thing to try a bloodless resolve to defuse the situation but they have to also know they are talking to people who had spent sometime their whole life being brainwash..you can't expect to change them over to your side in even days or weeks....or years for that matter.

It is a pity alot of people had to die include one of our own Singaporean citizen. It is a very sad day each time terrorist group are allowed to gain a foot hold in any part of the world. I wish they has spent less time with the negotiation and had done a surgical strike to stormed in earlier. But the Authority were it seem too slow to contain the situation and inexperience to react to the situation and maybe because the whole world was focusing on them so they felt they were walking on broken glass so gave those terrorist too much time to do whatever they want.

Let not let all these precious lives lost be in vain. I hope every authority around the world had better learn from this and ensure the next time this happen, ( and we all know it will unfortunately) this kind of situation will be arrested more effectively and quicker.

Last edited:
Let call them what they are BUT cowards they are NOT. What they did was very much what they intend to do to the hostages and whoever that come up against them from the beginning. These are religious fanatical zealots whose agenda was clear from the moment they put their terror plan in motion. The indoctrination they have been put under makes them see other humans who are not like them to be just animals to be slaugther without remorse or hesitation in the name of their belief and so call "struggle". Negotiation is a good thing to try a bloodless resolve to defuse the situation but they have to also know they are talking to people who had spent sometime their whole life being brainwash..you can't expect to change them over to your side in even days or weeks....or years for that matter.

It is a pity alot of people had to die include one of our own Singaporean citizen. It is a very sad day each time terrorist group are allowed to gain a foot hold in any part of the world. I wish they has spent less time with the negotiation and had done a surgical strike to stormed in earlier. But the Authority were it seem too slow to contain the situation and inexperience to react to the situation and maybe because the whole world was focusing on them so they felt they were walking on broken glass so gave those terrorist too much time to do whatever they want.

Let not let all these precious lives lost be in vain. I hope every authority around the world had better learn from this and ensure the next time this happen, ( and we all know it will unfortunately) this kind of situation will be arrested more effectively and quicker.

very much agree with you...

Sad day for everyone.

This episode shows that we should show more love and spend more time to our loved ones because life is too unpredictable...

true...we should treat people & our loved ones especially, as if we will not see them again.

and yes, to her husband, Michael, hope he can brave through this moment of sadness though we all know, its not easy.. :cry:

They armed to the teeth, and regardless of their intention and lack of remorse going around slaughtering people; to me picking on defenseless people with no chance of fighting back is an act of cowardice. If they had attempted on a harder target like a security installation, their chances would differ. But then again, what do they care with their 'chosen short life span'?

RIP.

Those are cowards and common murderers. Nothing else should be used to describe these rejects of humanity.

They are protesting the injustice suffered by some muslims in the Kashmir region. However isn't it wrong to seek justice by inflicting injustice on others? When will it ever end?

The killing is senseless and serves no purpose at all. They just snuffed out the life of a young lady with a bright future ahead of her. My deepest condolences to the family of the bereaved.

They are protesting the injustice suffered by some muslims in the Kashmir region. However isn't it wrong to seek justice by inflicting injustice on others? When will it ever end?

The Kashmiris are not that innocent themselves, same with the Bosnian muslims and the Palestinians, despite attempts to paint them as such. Its just a very very vicious cycle.

rip

please do not turn this into some funny discussion about who's right and wrong

i think you'll find that for any long-drawn conflict in this world, everyone's at fault

Terrorists are cowards
They use human as shield becuase they know that going one on one against any regular army or soldiers they may not stand a chance anyway

Terrorist are weak in the mind
They are so easily brainwashed when so many other people who are walking the earth can strike a balance between they faith and reality

Terrorist need to get a life
They should just get laid in Mumbai hotels or just **** off in front of the TV

Terrorist need to be in the limelight
They yearn for a blaze of glory

Terrorist will never be recognised
Unlike Ninja and samurai, other warrior classes of the world that have been respected and studied throughout the centuries, terrorist will only strike hatred and scorn in the hearts of the the human races for many milleniums to come

Element of control through literal fear. The very threat of death is enough to cower a human being who values his own life greater than anything else.

They are drunk in this power.
I'd say, wake them up from their drunken stupor. Kill 'em all. Waste 'em~ IN COLD BLOOD.

When the serial murderer thinks he's got it going and nothing can stop him, only the very terrible face of Satan/Lucifer/Devil himself manifesting in front of the serial murderer will be enough to let him cower in absolute fear.

Sad day for everyone.

I don't need an episode like this to tell me that I need to show more love and spend more time with our loved ones.

If you need an international incident of this scale to tell you what you should ALREADY be doing, then I feel sad for you.

RIP :cry:

...and Mas Selemat is at large. The event in Mumbai may happen in Singapore, so all of us should be more alert, do our part. :think:

Terrorism is not just what u see in TV or internet, it is a real threat, do your part to stop them.

Status
Not open for further replies.