"Condition" your batteries....

Status
Not open for further replies.

hong2

Aug 10, 2002
Serangoon
Visit site
Just want to my experience with battery conditioning. It is not conclusive but nevertheless….

I started with 2 new sets (4s) of Sanyo 1700. I gave a set (A) to a colleague who conditioned them using MW CIC and the other (B) I gave a full charge using Powerbank 2. (B) gave me 70+ shots (all HQ) on Uzi with few flashes and some LCD. (A) gave me 180! shots with lots of LCD during the NDP. Both sets were fully charged again using PB2 and I got 160 and 60 shots the next round. BTW, I got only 22 and 50 from my GP 1800 (yes, 22) and 1600. The batteries were about a year old and never conditioned. I ended up with 300 shots on 4 sets of batteries and no more juice during an overseas trip. Very upset.

Is 180s a good number for Uzi?

hi, what other conditions are there? once ur batts leave the charger they start discharging... but of cos 22 shots is more like time to throw them away... my experience was as novice I thought charged meant *charged*, a mth later went to the zoo and had to buy AA from the super ex stall...

do note that the longer you keep the NiMH, the more charge is lost. so if you keep a bettery for >>10 days, you may lose more than 10% of the charge.

Deep conditioning seems to increase the capacity to hold energy. When I measured the voltage immediately after conditioning, I got btw 1.39v-1.42v. Powerbank2 achieve on 1.37v-1.38v.
(sure, voltage <> energy but maybe a good proxy???) The batteries died on Uzi at abt 1.25v

Oh yes, b4 you go for serious shooting, refresh your batteries again.

~1.42V is immediately after charging right? when you leave it for a while or overnight, the voltage will probably drop to <1.4V.

Care to elaborate?

Where's the best place to obtain this charger MPENZA?

Originally posted by Bluestrike

apply a bit of conditioner onto the palm, slowly rub it across the batteries, and then rinse off....

just tried that out; Oh no, my batteries are spoilt, what's going on? :cry:
What should I do now? :dunno:

;p

Originally posted by ninelives
how to condition ???

Recondition your batteries means charging/discharging your batteries for 3 cycles. Some charger has the deep condition button, where it will automatically charge/discharge your batteries for 3 cycles. eg. I am using the MWxxxx charger.

Originally posted by Kho King

Recondition your batteries means charging/discharging your batteries for 3 cycles. Some charger has the deep condition button, where it will automatically charge/discharge your batteries for 3 cycles. eg. I am using the MWxxxx charger.

hmm...... must it be necessary be discharge by the charger? Cause my charger don't have discharge option.

As far as I know, there are three models of intelligence chargers: MW4798, MW4798N and MW5798.

Mustapha used to sell them but runs out of stock. Try persuade them to bring more in...Only other place I know is www.purplemoo.com (search for charger)at higher price.
Address below:
Design Plastech Pte Ltd ~ Blk 514 Chai Chee Lane Unit Number #01-04 Singapore 469029
Office Telephone: (065)-6448-2913
call to check on stock.

Conditioning is simple, just press a button. Takes about 24 hrs for 4x 1600.

Another model that is highly rated on dpreview is MAHA C204F which has essentially the same functions. Try www.thomasdistributing.com

Anyone cares to tell me how many HQ shots you can do on one battery charge on the Uzi? Thanks.

Oh, I missed Revenant's post.

There seems to be some other tricks beside discharging. I have a charger that has discharge function. It will discharge to 0V but doesn't seem to help. The intelligent charger discharges to less than 1V (3-4 hrs)before charging again, according to some websites.

That's a very useful post indeed.

Originally posted by Bluestrike

apply a bit of conditioner onto the palm, slowly rub it across the batteries, and then rinse off....
_|_ .

I am using powerhaus lor , this guy sell to me one. 4 AA battereis took less that 15 mins, very funny leh.... :dunno:

What about the Maha chargers? I thought they are the best around!

Status
Not open for further replies.