Condensation

Status
Not open for further replies.

wanzw

Aug 15, 2006
when i keep my gear in a very cold air-conditioned room, after coming out the lens just condense like crazy.

i made the effort to keep my gear in my bag untouched for at least 2 hours after leaving the cold environment, but then condensation still takes place.

i wonder if it is possible that the water droplets condense INSIDE the lens element? outside still ok. inside :bheart:

how about condensation within the camera body itself? will water droplets cause the sensor to degrade or something? very worried now.

sg weather just sucks! :thumbsd:

no as in, i am currently working as a technican at a shop in sls. sls is a very cold place. esp backlane stores. then i will most probably have some shooting events to cover after my work, so i will keep my gear at my shop first, but in doing so the temperature will drop a lot and once i step outside the building then condensation already. i have already keep the bag zipped for a few hours before i open it, condensation still occurs.

my house has no air con, so condensation no a problem there.

Buy a cheap dry cabinet and store the entire bag in it ?

i am only experiencing this outdoors when i have to keep my gear unused for a long period of time.

just like how one's glasses condense when step out from cold room or what so ever.

i am not sure about other countries, but then the problem with SG is that the RH value differs GREATLY in indoors or outdoors.

Buy a cheap dry cabinet and store the entire bag in it ?

but then the air inside the bag would be dry right.. even its cold and you take it out to a warmer area, since there's less water vapor inside, condensation less likely to occur?
am I right?

er, leave the bag open?
as in not zipped up. and of course, off the eyes of potential 'stray hands'..

the warm air in the bag would be mixed with the cooler air of the surrounding and perhaps reduce the amount of condensation maybe?

or another possible solution is to put some sillica gel to absorb moisture in the zip-lock bag?

er, leave the bag open?
as in not zipped up. and of course, off the eyes of potential 'stray hands'..

the warm air in the bag would be mixed with the cooler air of the surrounding and perhaps reduce the amount of condensation maybe?

but then the temp of the air inside the bag will be the same in the air cond room.

opening up the bag and leaving the building will only cause an immediate change in surrounding temp, inside the bag as well.

what i learn from video cams is that just keep the cover closed and put inside a bag until the temp inside the bag regulate to similar as surroundings. have been doing that already but to no avail.

or another possible solution is to put some sillica gel to absorb moisture in the zip-lock bag?

still wun work. the problem lies in that the camera is cold yet there isn't enuf time for it to reach the warm temperature. no matter how much moisture we remove, all it needs is the camera to be cold and condensation will immediately start when it is removed from its casing.

seems like the only way is to find a warm yet secure place to place your bag. any aircon compressor nearby you? but then again, it wun be safe letting your camera lie there.

when i leave cold environments i will leave my cam alone for 2 to 3 hours. dun open zip. just let it regulate back to normal temperature. but then to no avail. haiz.

when i leave cold environments i will leave my cam alone for 2 to 3 hours. dun open zip. just let it regulate back to normal temperature. but then to no avail. haiz.

i got idea. you know those big big pinic plastic containers people put cold drinks in them? you can buy one of those and place in your office. since they are thermally insulated, just put your bag inside and close it tight. when you take it out after 3 hours, it will be still warm and nice, so no condensation!:D

i got idea. you know those big big pinic plastic containers people put cold drinks in them? you can buy one of those and place in your office. since they are thermally insulated, just put your bag inside and close it tight. when you take it out after 3 hours, it will be still warm and nice, so no condensation!:D

it will look funny :D but then thanks for the advice~! :lovegrin:

it will look funny :D but then thanks for the advice~! :lovegrin:

if you do try it, inform us of the results:) , maybe next time no need Lowepro liao, use some 555 and tefal picnic box.:bsmilie:

if you do try it, inform us of the results:) , maybe next time no need Lowepro liao, use some 555 and tefal picnic box.:bsmilie:

or just keep my system at home. after work chiong home, get gear and run!

or just keep my system at home. after work chiong home, get gear and run!

... then you will be "condensing", not your camera:bsmilie:

When bringing your bag out from a cold environment to the warm weather outside, don't pull your camera equipment out of the camera bag straight away. Unzip your bag, but don't open it up. Leave it a while for the bag and camera gear to slowly warm up. That will help to reduce chances of condensation forming.

When bringing your bag out from a cold environment to the warm weather outside, don't pull your camera equipment out of the camera bag straight away. Unzip your bag, but don't open it up. Leave it a while for the bag and camera gear to slowly warm up. That will help to reduce chances of condensation forming.

i dun take out straight away. kept it inside for like 3 hours.

i shall try the unzipping part though. :D thanks for all your valuable input :thumbsup: :lovegrin:

... then you will be "condensing", not your camera:bsmilie:

i dun have electrical contacts, so dun care.

imagine one precious L lens has WATER droplets INSIDE the lens element, all thanks to harsh nature. :sweatsm:

Status
Not open for further replies.