Condensation in the humidifier of Digi Cabi

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokha

Aug 8, 2006
Bukit Batok
I recently bought a 30L Digi Cabi, from a rather shady source (but that is another story). The hygrometer refused to work even after I changed the batteries. And the humidifier condenses over! That is if I run my finger over it, I come away with WATER! Is this suppose to be normal?

What should I do about it? Thanks!

pokha said:
I recently bought a 30L Digi Cabi, from a rather shady source (but that is another story). The hygrometer refused to work even after I changed the batteries. And the humidifier condenses over! That is if I run my finger over it, I come away with WATER! Is this suppose to be normal?

It is abnormal- There is not suppose to be water in it.

pokha said:

Definitely not normal. I own the same 30L dry box and it has been serving me well. Should send for repair if still under warranty.

FYI, the battery is just to power the LED NOT for the humidifier to work.

My 1 yr old dry cabi has water too, RH% is at 45-46 all the time.

pokha said:

If I am not wrong, it is normal. The dry cabinet reduce humidity by condensing moisture into water droplet within the storage area. The water is then soaked up by sponge and evaporated at rear of cabinet (which is the slighly warm).

The battery was for the RH meter and temp. Screen is blank even with brand new batteries. So I dug my old RH meter from out from my dry box and put in the Digi Cabi. It hovers at 60% all the time and when I turn the dial to max, the LED light goes off and the RH increases. I keep it at the highest possible setting where the humidity light remain on.

The water is not at the RH meter, so not likely to be from battery. When I touch the humidifier at the back of the cabinet (where the RH dial is ), it feels cold to touch and just behind the dial, there is water.

It is normal. The function of dehumidifier is to condense the 'water in the air' (humidity) inside the dry-cab, bring the water (via sponge) to outside dry-cab, evaporate the water into the air.

Regards,
Arto.

pokha said:
The battery was for the RH meter and temp. Screen is blank even with brand new batteries. So I dug my old RH meter from out from my dry box and put in the Digi Cabi. It hovers at 60% all the time and when I turn the dial to max, the LED light goes off and the RH increases. I keep it at the highest possible setting where the humidity light remain on.

The water is not at the RH meter, so not likely to be from battery. When I touch the humidifier at the back of the cabinet (where the RH dial is ), it feels cold to touch and just behind the dial, there is water.
Check to make sure the sponge is doing it's job in transporting the condensed water out of the cabinet and it should be ok. Otherwise the water will drip back into the cabinet.

pokha said:

Mine is also digi-cabi dry-cab.

There is 2 LED, RED and GREEN. RED is power indicator, GREEN is dehumidifier power indicator. In normal working condition, RED is ON, GREEN is dimmed. The Power setting knob (that you call RH dial) should be around 9 o'clock position. What is the position of the GREEN LED before turn off? 9 o'clock or 3 o'clock? If 3 o'clock, they must be wrongly wired the knob. But it is ok, set it to GREEN LED to dimmed, and watch. It is not 1 or 2 hours matter. You need whole day or more for dehumidifier to bring humidity inside dry-cab to 40-50% RH (unless you set Power knob to max).

Dehumidifier should be cold inside the box, and warm outside the box.

Regards,
Arto.

pokha said:
The battery was for the RH meter and temp. Screen is blank even with brand new batteries.
Hey there. I bought a digi cabi yesterday and this happened to me too. I pulled the tab and it was working fine yesterday, but when I woke up this morning the screen was blank. Changing new batteries didn't help.

Will Digihub just change this part for me?

I guess there are 2 options.

1) Call Digihub and tell them the problem. Your warranty valid?

2) Buy a digital hygrometer from SLS. There is a shop that sell hygrometers and thermometer. 'Pacific Electronics' or something like that. Don't pay more than $30 for a simple one. Put the hygrometer in the DigiCabi.

Hope that helps.

Thanks pokha. I just bought it yesterday, so warranty definitely valid. Should also qualify for DOA policy, but I really just need the digital hygro changed.

Will call Digihub tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.