Concept shoot at Esplanade basement, Thursday 6.30pm 29 July 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palangsi

Jan 9, 2006
Marsiling
www.dreamstime.com
This is a concept type shoot with lighting to illustrate ideas and themes.

Time is Thursday, 6.30pm to 9pm, 29 July 2010 to meet up at Esplanade basement next to City Link mall.

I will start with a contest theme - ((( Our need to express )))
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=686978
contest is still on - deadline this weekend so you may get the winning shot here.
For this theme, I am a blind artist ( bandage on eyes ) trying to paint using a paintbrush.

Anyone who like to participate can bring their own theme or concept and we can try to shoot it.

I am bringing very small cloth backdrops ( about 1m by 2m red, gold, pink ) to create simple backdrop or background for small portraits, these backdrops can be held by people or maybe clamped using clothes pegs or stuck on a wall..... don't wish to limit your imagination.

Models will be ourselves.

You may dress according to the persona you wish to portray or pretend to be. You may bring any small props that you might want to use. Of course some ideas don't need props.

I cannot guarantee that we will be able to shoot everyone's ideas but we will try.

Items to bring -
Translucent white umbrella/ softbox - use as a light modifier for the flash
Tripod / light stand
Flash and flash trigger if needed for your flash
Dslr
Any props that may be appropriate to your concept

Everyone is welcome and there is no price to be paid as it is a free outing to let everyone share their techniques and style of shooting with flash.

Francis 90070503

This is still on right? See you there Francis.

Comfirm on Shahrie. Haha. Since u r worried, maybe a registration list helps. Since the other outing someone started it for some reason, I also start it here. Bring along some theme gadgets maybe? I'll try to find some.

1. Francis
2. kenny888
3. JoshuaTan
4. Icefox23

This is still on right? See you there Francis.

1. Francis
2. kenny888
3. JoshuaTan
4. Icefox23
5. Kelvan

1. Francis
2. kenny888
3. JoshuaTan
4. Icefox23
5. Kelvan
6. Weegk

The concept shooting is so tempting but am not sure will be able to make it as I'm stuck with works:S
Francis, hope you can organise this type of shooting more, perhaps at weekends too?

1. Francis
2. kenny888
3. JoshuaTan
4. Icefox23
5. Kelvan
6. Weegk
7. Shahrie

Last edited:
1. Francis
2. kenny888
3. JoshuaTan
4. Icefox23
5. Kelvan
6. Weegk
7. Shahrie

1. Francis
2. kenny888
3. JoshuaTan
4. Icefox23
5. Kelvan
6. Weegk
7. Shahrie
8. shelomoh might be late and join around 7pm

1. Francis
2. kenny888
3. JoshuaTan
4. Icefox23
5. Kelvan
6. Weegk
7. Shahrie
8. shelomoh might be late and join around 7pm
9. airforce1

Yes, it is still on.
Sorry for the late reply.

Conceptual shooting trains you to think more creatively and may help you in some other contests or commercial work down the road as it will differentiate you from your competitors.
it also allows you to think of how to plan for a certain kind of look from your shoot.

Thanks Kenny

sorry guys i can't make it tonight. you guys have fun.

I may not be able to make it in time, post some photos later, guys.

tks Francis for organising this conceptual shoot. its soooooooooo different and refreshing!

cheers.

p.s. Airforce1 i think someone will start a thread in the pic posting section soon hehe. c u next time!

Status
Not open for further replies.