Con Artist/Thieves Everywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

smallaperture

Jan 5, 2004
Catchment Area
Today's Sunday Times - a man got cheated by her PRC wife of his life savings. And a week or so ago, a woman was cheated of her life savings by a cabbie.

Seems that people are so very gullible or there are crooks and thieves everywhere. This reminds me of a movie called World without Thieves starring Andy Lau. And those cheated are matured folks, not young and impressionable chaps.

So, is it the emotional involvement or this crazy thing called love or rather blind love or is it that some would trust another more than 100%, with their money and their heart.

Come to think of it, our CPF money is really very, very safe. That is until you reach 55. Could we consider it a blessing in disguise when we reach 55 and able to draw out our hard earned money. How many is able to keep and spend that money wisely. Food for thought.

smallaperture said:
Come to think of it, our CPF money is really very, very safe. That is until you reach 55. Could we consider it a blessing in disguise when we reach 55 and able to draw out our hard earned money. How many is able to keep and spend that money wisely. Food for thought.

You should be nominated for Singaporean of The Year! :bsmilie:

it's 'safe' only if you don't spend it on 'investments' and 'housing' which can be easily conned away too...

smallaperture said:
Today's Sunday Times - a man got cheated by her PRC wife of his life savings. And a week or so ago, a woman was cheated of her life savings by a cabbie.

I have no symphathy for that guy, cos he is foolish. How can a guy with a correct frame of mind being cheated repeatedly by a china woman?

Stupidity!!!!!!!!!!!!

He was touched initially by how the woman took care of his sick n aging mother. So just can't blame that poor chap totally. Maybe we should also blame it on the "fragility of human's heart".

What's wrong with China women? I get the impression that China is of low education. Is that what you're trying to project? If you are, then shame on you.

johnlim said:
I have no symphathy for that guy, cos he is foolish. How can a guy with a correct frame of mind being cheated repeatedly by a china woman?

Stupidity!!!!!!!!!!!!
he may be foolish, but he is still a victim. and he does have a rather sad state where his mother is old and he has health problems.

he's just too trusting. wouldn't you trust the person you love also?

don't slam the poor guy too hard loh...

hazmee said:
What's wrong with China women? I get the impression that China is of low education. Is that what you're trying to project? If you are, then shame on you.
shouldn't make that statement...

best not to generalise. they are not all like that. a few bad eggs in the basket. but then, that's the case with every nationality or race.

hazmee said:
I get the impression that China is of low education.

China must be low education...that they can only send up Ah Wei to do a trip round the Earth. If they have high education..they would have sent Ah Wei to the Sun wihout being melted.

And they only have several mans that had won the Academic Noble award. If they have high education, they would have won all the Noble award every year.

But for those countries who could not even achieve this...they must be having lower than low eduation. May be "no" education.

hazmee, where are u born ? did your country manage to send man out from the Earth ? Did any your fellow country man win any Noble price ?

May be u lurly come from a high education country .....pls let share with us. I wanna to migrate there to have high eduation too.

wong_se said:
China must be low education...that they can only send up Ah Wei to do a trip round the Earth. If they have high education..they would have sent Ah Wei to the Sun wihout being melted.

And they only have several mans that had won the Academic Noble award. If they have high education, they would have won all the Noble award every year.

But for those countries who could not even achieve this...they must be having lower than low eduation. May be "no" education.

hazmee, where are u born ? did your country manage to send man out from the Earth ? Did any your fellow country man win any Noble price ?

May be u lurly come from a high education country .....pls let share with us. I wanna to migrate there to have high eduation too.
please read Hazmee's post carefully.. he is trying to say that "If you are saying that China is of low education then shame on you"

when he asked "What's wrong with China woman?" It means "Is there any wrong with China woman?"

His post is meant to defend China not slam China. Please do read carefully before replying

Er wong se.... I think hazmee was refering to Johnlim's post? You didn't read the rest of his post? Seems like a case of mis-interpretation here.

Cheers,

AReality said:
wong_se, pls improve on your English first.

I regret I did not read hazmee statement properly. And I apologize to hazmee.

btw...AReality..is there a English standard test set by CS for me to pass or any English course for me to study so that I can improve and then post comment here ? Pls direct.

I have read the CS guideline but could not find that my English has to be on certain level before I can post comment here "first".

hazmee said:

my apologies too.
the quote is alittle wrongly phrased anyway. it might have been better if it read thus:

"What's wrong with China women? I seem to get the impression from your post that China is of low education. Is that what you're trying to project? If you are, then shame on you"

anyway, my apologies to hazmee for misreading.

johnlim said:

Stupidity!!!!!!!!!!!!
John, please consider the following factors:
When you are lonely and not so educated, soft-hearted and a forgiving nature, met a cunning partner, and if i am not wrong quite charming/good looking and a sweet talker, and when we are older/retired (without much family contacts) .... anyone can be in his shoe ....... sad case but it can be anyone of us in the future ...

wong_se said:
btw...AReality..is there a English standard test set by CS for me to pass or any English course for me to study so that I can improve and then post comment here ? Pls direct.

Yes, there is a standard. No, it's not set by CS.
The 1st rule of a 2-way communication is to understand what is being communicated to the receiving party first. If in doubt, send a "request to repeat".

And :thumbsup: to apologising.

AReality said:
Yes, there is a standard. No, it's not set by CS.
The 1st rule of a 2-way communication is to understand what is being communicated to the receiving party first. If in doubt, send a "request to repeat".

And :thumbsup: to apologising.

it is my fault that I reacted instantly and furious when I read and misunderstood the biased statement.

I sincerely apologize to hazmee and I hope the case is closed here.

Dun expect further sarcartiscs comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.