Computex Taipei 2004 Showgirls Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prismatic

Feb 25, 2003
In the void.
Visit site
To prevent this thread from degrading into a babes-ogling feast like on some other forums. I'm obliged to provide some information about the background of the event. Here goes:

Computex 2004 was held on the June 1st to 5th, at the Taipei World Trade Center. The world's 2nd largest IT event, was held over 4 halls at the center, occupying a total of 26,930 sq m. The scale of this event is only seconded by CeBit in Germany which usually occupies a whooping 300,000 sq m of exhibiting space.

This year, the show attracted a total of 1,347 exhibitors setting up 2,828 booths showcasing some of the lastest developments in the IT industries. It was a much anticipated show as many industry leaders was expected to announce their latest achievements and the release dates for many new products. One of the more captivating feature of the event was the presence of many showcase models who were on hand to distribute information and provide products introduction at many of the booths. Here are the pictures of some of the models for those of us who missed out on a great event.

Model for Kingston
computex01.jpg

Model for CMC Magnetics Corp
computex02.jpg

Image spokeperson for Microstar International Co Ltd, Miss Christine Yeon
computex03.jpg

Models for National Semiconductors
computex04.jpg

APPEAL TO ALL CLUBSNAPPERS:
Please keep these pictures within the confines of Clubsnap. No leeching!

To be continued...

Singapore hosting an exhibition like this? I prob need to live to see my great grandson's wedding for that to happen. :D Singapore is more software based than hardware and Taiwan has always been like the traditional powerhouse for computer products. No fighting over this point.

Here's my shot of it

29806303.jpg

29806301.jpg

29806292.jpg

BluesJr, I would suggest putting a signature or something across your pics, unless you don' mind your pics being leeched elsewhere.

hahaha... finally some real babes from real tech show.

When you gonna show use some Korean and Japanese ones?

:devil:

Prismatic said:
BluesJr, I would suggest putting a signature or something across your pics, unless you don' mind your pics being leeched elsewhere.

Nah, can't imagine anybody would want to filch these pics. The watermarks are really distracting and I think wholly unnecessary for this kind of photography.

dkw said:
Nah, can't imagine anybody would want to filch these pics. The watermarks are really distracting and I think wholly unnecessary for this kind of photography.

Actually you will be surprised...

dkw said:

Don't need to imagine. It happens before in clubsnap where some girly site leeched and put their own watermarks on it.
Thus the watermarks are "distracting" for a good cause.

Pris: Your watermarks are not 'bold' enuff to scare those leechers ....

Thanks for sharing... ;)

dkw said:

dkw, you haven't been at Clubsnap long enough to know that many members have a real problem with leechers here. The truth is, even as I speak, the pictures on my thread have probably already been downloaded into many HDDs by now. The watermarks are there, to deter people from posting the pics onto other less desirable websites. Some of the models at these shows happen to be friends or acquaintances of mine, though they may appreciate me giving them some publicity by displaying their pictures elsewhere. I will be doing them a disservice if I don't take some measures to prevent these pictures from ending up at the wrong places and attracting undesirable attention to them.

Though the watermark may be distracting, I don't believe that it is really that obtrusive. In any case, these pictures are just meant for letting CSers here have a glimpse of how the show was like. I wasn't really expecting any critique for them since they are mainly off-hand snapshots.

Prismatic said:
dkw, you haven't been at Clubsnap long enough to know that many members have a real problem with leechers here. The truth is, even as I speak, the pictures on my thread have probably already been downloaded into many HDDs by now. The watermarks are there, to deter people from posting the pics onto other less desirable websites. Some of the models at these shows happen to be friends or acquaintances of mine, though they may appreciate me giving them some publicity by displaying their pictures elsewhere. I will be doing them a disservice if I don't take some measures to prevent these pictures from ending up at the wrong places and attracting undesirable attention to them.

Though the watermark may be distracting, I don't believe that it is really that obtrusive. In any case, these pictures are just meant for letting CSers here have a glimpse of how the show was like. I wasn't really expecting any critique for them since they are mainly off-hand snapshots.

OK, I get it. Sorry.... :embrass:

yo pris..keep it coming dude..i wanna compare tw chiobu further with jp chiobu :bsmilie: :cool:

Not surprising, they are quite friendly to photographers. as long as you are not trying any funny shots.

Larren Chen said:
wa u know the models too ??? :eek: :thumbsup:

I know the models of course, but the models dun noe me. :p
I know only their email address lah.

Actually, at these shows, the models are quite willing to have their photos taken. However, it depends on individual models whether they will give you their email or contact if you want to send them their pictures. Of course, you need to at least look like a genuinely honest or credible photographer lah. (Thanks to Wai, having a press pass lend some credibility too).

Anyway, it's something I learnt while over here. That's how many of the photography forums over here get there models for their outdoor shoots.*
Overall, I would say that the models here are a lot more friendly and approachable than the ones back home. (Note: Friendly != Easy)

*References:
www.dgclub.net
www.photosharp.com.tw
www.iambtp.com
www.pkgirl.com

Prismatic said:
Actually, at these shows, the models are quite willing to have their photos taken. However, it depends on individual models whether they will give you their email or contact if you want to send them their pictures. Of course, you need to at least look like a genuinely honest or credible photographer lah. (Thanks to Wai, having a press pass lend some credibility too).

So how the Showgirls found the pictures? ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.