Compression Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Phalanx

Am using the A40, under Menu Settings and Compression, what's the diff btw using Superfine, Fine or Normal? Which is recommended?

Am currently using 1600 x 1200 as resolution...

Thanks.

.....Just for your information.......if you're printing on a 8 x 11 inch page ...the 1200 x 1600(with the three modes) would not have noticable difference. I have Done an experiment on this. The difference may only be seen at higher prints (must stick to the 1200 x 1600 size).

Try it out yourself with the same image size with the three compression modes. The file size however would be varying by the size of the compression. So if you want to do lots of manipulation of image - i think the Super FIne one is the choice. But if for normal use and want more spacein your CF card, the normal mode is the way to go.

I personally use a Canon digital Cam and it has the same compression modes.

.....Have fun....

regards,
me

Thanks. I have been wondering whether it would be ok to use normal mode if printing 4R.

If printing 4R, would 1024 x 768 be more than enough of is it better to still stick to 1600 x 1200?

Originally posted by Phalanx
Thanks. I have been wondering whether it would be ok to use normal mode if printing 4R.

If printing 4R, would 1024 x 768 be more than enough of is it better to still stick to 1600 x 1200?
use 1024 plus superfine will do

What about 1024 and normal compression or 1600 with fine compression for 4R prints?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.