Comprehensive K3 Review Out! - on PF

pinholecam

Staff member
Jul 23, 2007
Now, naturally, you'd think that being a Pentax Forum, its sure to give a good review of Pentax stuff, but thats totally untrue.
In fact, they often try too hard to discredit Pentax stuff and lately, there has been an unfortunate slant to both talk down Pentax and highlight Nikon in their reviews (since the owner now also has Nikon stuff and run Nikon Forums)

They aren't too enlightened about giving a 'Pentax view' of the cameras/lenses they review too. (eg. small system; WR; SR; value for money features; unique Q system features, etc)

So how badly did they grade the K3?

Read on...

http://www.pentaxforums.com/reviews/pentax-k-3-review/introduction.html?src=notice

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing, JK. I have to agree that:

if you simply want the best of the best, don't hesitate to buy a K-3.

Actually if you are using a Pentax camera, my suggestion is to just go ahead and buy the K3. You'd be amazed how much improvement this one has over all other Pentax SLR cameras (digital or film).

If you are not a Pentax user but are looking for a dSLR camera right now, my suggestion is the same, just buy the K3 and forget about others (FF included).

Actually if you are using a Pentax camera, my suggestion is to just go ahead and buy the K3. You'd be amazed how much improvement this one has over all other Pentax SLR cameras (digital or film). If you are not a Pentax user but are looking for a dSLR camera right now, my suggestion is the same, just buy the K3 and forget about others (FF included).

My coins collected in jar since Nov last year -just bank in posb $204; my Kr gone $189; still short for K3, ...took mrt past 11 months, savings on petrol $1100-774= $326, stop National Geographic magazine $48, ....thinking if I should sell my Q body, if sell $180. Getting there...

Ha, the shop called me today says they have a black K3 body,...? What should I do?:)

Guess reviewer's expectations seems to be on the very high side (maybe he was expecting a FF but instead still a APS-C) and somehow the K-3 doesn't really matches what he expects. Seems like the review is not really a neutral one. In someways it does shows its bias-ness and at times some contradictions. Hmmm...Hopefully he should chill out and re-write some parts of the review later on.

My coins collected in jar since Nov last year -just bank in posb $204; my Kr gone $189; still short for K3, ...took mrt past 11 months, savings on petrol $1100-774= $326, stop National Geographic magazine $48, ....thinking if I should sell my Q body, if sell $180. Getting there...

Ha, the shop called me today says they have a black K3 body,...? What should I do?:)

Just BUY IT mate.

If you are not a Pentax user but are looking for a dSLR camera right now, my suggestion is the same, just buy the K3 and forget about others (FF included).

That's a really strong statement ......... die die also must buy ......... :)

What should u do? Of course save another 400+ and get the silver of course

If I haven't got the K5II I'd definitely consider to get a silver K3. This certainly is a camera better than K5II, but for me the K

5 II serves most of its purposes. I believe in every camera reviews, it's a norm to state the Pros & Cons. We should not feel

upset about this, what important is that we have a new camera to talk about and can enjoy photography.:)

Actually if you are using a Pentax camera, my suggestion is to just go ahead and buy the K3. You'd be amazed how much improvement this one has over all other Pentax SLR cameras (digital or film).

Nah...
I waiting for K1.:bsmilie:

Same here...wait till next yr. If still no ff, then buy k3 :)

alamak... you already say next year... this year, buy K3, shoot first... next year then say lar.... ;):embrass:

alamak... you already say next year... this year, buy K3, shoot first... next year then say lar.... ;):embrass:

Lolxx...i already hv k5iis. If i still holding a k5 and below i may upgrade. Anw by next year maybe will get better price too...:)

Lolxx...i already hv k5iis. If i still holding a k5 and below i may upgrade. Anw by next year maybe will get better price too...:)

I knew you want a K3 even you have a K5IIs :D. The K5IIs is a fantastic camera, but if you compare it w/ a K3 side by side, you definitely want the K3 even more. To me even K30 has something better than a K5IIs (liveview AF, focus peaking, video, SD card access speed, and etc). K3 has improvement in almost every aspect from a K5IIs or K30.

I knew you want a K3 even you have a K5IIs :D. The K5IIs is a fantastic camera, but if you compare it w/ a K3 side by side, you definitely want the K3 even more. To me even K30 has something better than a K5IIs (liveview AF, focus peaking, video, SD card access speed, and etc). K3 has improvement in almost every aspect from a K5IIs or K30.

Bro fw....youuu....youuuu....poisonous.....i guess i need to get out of here for awhile.....lolxxx

Guess reviewer's expectations seems to be on the very high side (maybe he was expecting a FF but instead still a APS-C) and somehow the K-3 doesn't really matches what he expects. Seems like the review is not really a neutral one. In someways it does shows its bias-ness and at times some contradictions. Hmmm...Hopefully he should chill out and re-write some parts of the review later on.

Thats actually why I linked it here.
He now certainly has a Nikon bias, but in the end despite that, the K3 made him grudgingly give it the best thumbs up recommendation for a Pentax camera review ever on his site.
Because it was too good :D

Very tempting...
Esp, when I consider Adam to be Nikon biased now, yet he had to give the K3 the highest recommendation I've seen on PF to date.

Very detailed and fair review from PF.