Comprehensive K3 Review Out! - on PF

Does k3 have focus peaking?

Of course it has focus peaking. With the large LCD screen, it's really very easy to do manual focus with the help of focus peaking. But to be honest, the LV focusing is so fast, I don't see any reason using manual focusing unless you like to use manual lenses :)

Of course it has focus peaking. With the large LCD screen, it's really very easy to do manual focus with the help of focus peaking. But to be honest, the LV focusing is so fast, I don't see any reason using manual focusing unless you like to use manual lenses :)

Oi... Directed at me is it? Haha!

Well, I had never use focus peaking for manual focus.. LoL!
I'd love to own the K3 but I think it's too good for me.. :p

Let me live in my denial with my K30; I'm too good for any camera.. LOL!!!

There is no such thing that is too good for you :D

Let us both try to tahan the poison together and be the special RED K30 gang. kekeke

I've read elsewhere that the shutter response in LV is fast too.

Previously on K5/K30, the shutter has to go down, then up>down again for a shot.
That resulted in slower shutter response upon shutter press.

Is it true that for the K3, its now faster?

Previously on K5/K30, the shutter has to go down, then up>down again for a shot.

yes. pinhole. very much faster. not as fast as k01 but definitely fast enough not to feel the delay. couple with old manual lens , live view and focus peaking. already super good and not to forget k3 also have manual flash setting up to 1/128. .

Straight from the camera JPEG K3 + old manual lens K55 f1.8 Did not stop down

_IMG0038.JPG

Last edited:
LoL!! I like that! "Join the Resistance".. Hahaha! Err... Philip, you use "Natural" setting for your JPEG is it?

Yes natural. Have not got time to set up all the colors

Just saw someone selling a K3 silver. I am wondering what happened man. Its a great camera. Sold it within 1 week? :think:

Just saw someone selling a K3 silver. I am wondering what happened man. Its a great camera. Sold it within 1 week? :think:

900 posts, all bns. :D

Yes, it still behaves the same, but in a much faster way :)

I've seen the seller Ken. a couple of times. He is making a living by teaching photography, and his students use all kinds of cameras. That's one of the reasons that he bought many kind of cameras (especially new ones) to play and try, so he can learn how to use/set those cameras properly, than share w/ his students.

He is a really nice and knowledgeable photographer I'd say :)

I've seen the seller Ken. a couple of times. He is making a living by teaching photography, and his students use all kinds of cameras. That's one of the reasons that he bought many kind of cameras (especially new ones) to play and try, so he can learn how to use/set those cameras properly, than share w/ his students.

Yes i met him once. Nice guy.

.................... ;)