Composition books to recommend?

Kc007

Dec 1, 2008
Hiya there r so many books out there on composition..which would u recommend that's simple to read & good in helping me improve to the next level? I wanna learn how to take more creative looking shots on portraits/landscape/travel..Thanks.

Hiya there r so many books out there on composition..which would u recommend that's simple to read & good in helping me improve to the next level? I wanna learn how to take more creative looking shots on portraits/landscape/travel..Thanks.

Just go here.
http://photoinf.com/
More articles than you can handle. Enjoy.

Thank you! :)

My suggestion is to not look at books on "composition" per se. There are only so many rules of thirds, golden triangles, leading lines, etc that you can read about. Frankly speaking you can just summarise all of this in a one page using font size 12.

It is in my view, much better to sit at your computer, or go the library... Grab a photographer you like. If it's landscapes, I can recommend quite a few - Marc Adamus, Adam Burton, Lee Frost, etc... The first two definitely have online sites. Just look at their pictures, think about what compositional technique they are using. This will give you a much better idea of how to implement it practically. And of course, please don't go about this with the mentality that "oh, this cannot be done in Singapore, oh we don't have this blah blah blah"... That is nonsense.

Hope this helps, cheers.

Woow that was very useful info. The link is good too. Thanks a bunch!

thanks for this link.

Just bought 2 books on composition -
1) Mastering Composition with your Digital SLR by Chris Rutter
Quite alright this one...easy to understand

2) Composition by David Prakel....
Very complex and very abstract... like abstract art stuff..

both i saw at Harris bookshops.