Complaints Choir of Singapore - Live

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dovedo

Aug 31, 2005
There has been a lot of news about the complaints choir of Singapore in the news over the past few days. The video below is unedited live footage of one of the private performances of the Complaints Choir of Singapore and was shot at Old Parliament House right in the chamber. All public performances had to be cancelled. For background information on why this happened:
check www.complaintschoir.org

I hope the Moderaters and Admin allow this video to stay(and not block or delete it) as it deals with lives of Singaporeans and the way of life and the reality of living in Singapore. Thank you.

[vid]x0ZY4Bn6q2s[/vid]

The song is not very clear but I have attached the lyrics below to gain a better understanding of the song.

THE COMPLAINTS CHOIR SINGAPORE LYRICS

We get fined for almost everything
Drivers won’t ‘give chance’ when you want to ‘change lane’
The indoors are cold, the outdoors are hot;
And the humid air, it wrecks my hair
Those answering machines always make you hold
Only to hang up on you

When a pregnant lady gets on the train
Everyone pretends to be asleep
I’m stuck with my parents till I’m 35
Cause I can’t apply for HDB
We don’t recycle any plastic bags
But we purify our pee

*chorus:
What’s wrong with Singapore?
Losing always makes me feel so sore
Cause if you’re not the best
Then you’re just one of the rest

My oh my Singapore
What exactly are we voting for?
What’s not expressly permitted
is prohibited

“Ooh”

When I’m hungry at the food court, I see
People ‘chope’ seats with their tissue paper
To the aunty staying upstairs:
Your laundry’s dripping on my bed sheets
Please don’t squat on the toilet seats
And don’t clip your nails on MRT

Stray cats get into noisy affairs
At night my neighbor makes weird animal sounds
People put on fake accents to sound posh
And queue up 3 hours for donuts
Will I ever live till eighty five
to collect my CPF?

*chorus

Singaporeans too kiasu! (so scared to lose)
Singaporeans too kiasi! (so scared o die)
Singaporeans too kiabor!(scared of their wives)
Maybe we’re just too stressed out! (even the kids)

“Ooh”

Old National Library was replaced by an ugly tunnel
Singaporean men can’t take independent women
People blow their nose into the swimming pool
And fall asleep on my shoulder in the train

Singapore’s national bird is the crane (the one with yellow steel girders)
Real estate agents’ leaflets clogging up my mailbox (en bloc, en bloc; en bloc, en bloc)
Why can’t we be buried when we die?
No one wants to climb Bukit Timah with me

*chorus

“Ooh”

There are not enough public holidays
My neighbor sings KTV all night
Wedding dinners never start on time
My hair is always cut shorter than I want
Channel 5 commercials are way too long
Why do men turn bald?

*At first it was to speak more mandarin
Then it was to speak proper English
What’s wrong with my powderful Singlish?

People sit down during rock concerts
We have to pay for tap water at restaurants
ERP gantries are everywhere
But I can still see traffic jams on the road
All the bus stops have tilted benches to keep you off balance

*chorus

Seems a harsh decision to not allow non-citizens to perform with the choir.

Seems a harsh decision to not allow non-citizens to perform with the choir.

The foreigners are just a pretext. The real reason is that the government doesn't want upcoming national day songs to be leaked prematurely.

The foreigners are just a pretext. The real reason is that the government doesn't want upcoming national day songs to be leaked prematurely.

HAHAHAHHAAHAHA!!! You crack me up! :sweatsm:

Footnote: To those wondering why Singapore might/is/could be losing its competitiveness, look no further.

They should have sang the complaint about not being allowed to perform in public too.

The funny lyric sound so true :bsmilie:

It's sad t see that even this is unable to perform in singapore :(. What's wrong with foreign member in the choir though???

It's sad t see that even this is unable to perform in singapore :(. What's wrong with foreign member in the choir though???

Because foreigner cannot complain. You donno meh?
When they ask for SIA feedback form, the only box they have there is tick here if you are satisfied. And some more, the box has been pre-ticked for them, all they need to do is to hand it in.

As for the rest (PR included), if you ask for the feedback form, you are given queue number.

Nothing better to do.

Wasting time!

Having a sense of humour and being able to laugh about things is one thing, here, the lyrics are just plain not funny.

This is something I feel we should all frown upon, it is all so easy to criticise, but when it comes to building or achieving something, you will hardly get anything out from the people who contribute by criticising.

What’s wrong with Singapore? :dunno:

Lucky they cancelled the shows or else they may have to do their singing at Upper Changi Road ...... :think:

Oh ! Yeah ! Very good !:thumbsup:

Having a sense of humour and being able to laugh about things is one thing, here, the lyrics are just plain not funny.

This is something I feel we should all frown upon, it is all so easy to criticise, but when it comes to building or achieving something, you will hardly get anything out from the people who contribute by criticising.

Nothing. Singapore residents may not have the privileges of citizenship, but they are not foreigners (banner at Changi T2 immigration: S'poreans and PRs: Welcome home!").

Although I can see it now clearly... At the police sataion: "I'd like to file a police report, I've been robbed." - "What is your nationality? What, not Singaporean? Sorry, you are not allowed to complain."

Nothing. Singapore residents may not have the privileges of citizenship, but they are not foreigners (banner at Changi T2 immigration: S'poreans and PRs: Welcome home!").

Although I can see it now clearly... At the police sataion: "I'd like to file a police report, I've been robbed." - "What is your nationality? What, not Singaporean? Sorry, you are not allowed to complain."

Stupid and baseless remark, stop posting your childish rubbish. :sticktong

I was just thinking aloud ..... if there is such a foreign organisation, International Praising Choirs Worldwide and also a Praising Choir of Singapore .....
wonder whether the gagment will allow foreigners to sing praises in public for Singapore, Singaporeans and our gagment? :think: :think: :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.