Complain about Tiger Air


Status
Not open for further replies.

Petf69

Senior Member
Oct 1, 2004
4,152
0
0
Singapore
www.pbase.com
#1
Tiger air...should change name to "Con air".... :angry:

Recently I booked online for air ticket to Phuket.

I completed the ticketing details and credit card details, pressed submit, the website say there's an error in the Tiger airway website and was logged to its adminstrator.

As I was rushing for work and did not want to fare price to keep increasing by the hour, I asked my dad to book for me....

Later that day..we received 2 e-mails confirming 2 booking under my name for the same flight....

We wrote numerous e-mail to Tiger air to cancel one of the tickets....we did not even get a reply..

Now my air fare alone to Phuket increased from $200 to $350.....

Why should I get penalised due to an internet error in Tiger Air's system.... :angry:

Other tricks noted in their website:
- apply for 1 adult ticket to Phuket $19 (one way)
- apply for 3 adults...subsequent ticket price become more expensive $49(one way)
(hint..trick that I learn is to book seperately using another computer and different passenger name...but must book about the same time la....)

Just want to share my experience and hope the rest of the CSers don;t fall for the same trap.....

I can;t believe, Tiger Air (a subsidiary of SIA) also resort to this kind of dirty tactics......... :bheart:

Tiger Air.... :thumbsd:
 

tao

Senior Member
Jan 7, 2005
3,767
1
38
Beach Road
#2
suggest you write in to CASE.

then cc the letter to the ops manager at Tiger... also cc to some MP will be great.

serious!
 

cookiez

New Member
Oct 6, 2003
419
0
0
#3
I had encountered a similar incident few mths back while booking overseas
hotel online. Just pay for the 1st ticket that went thru....dun pay for the 2nd
ticket but fill up the "Letter of dispute" form to credit card company with
those emails you wrote to Tiger Air regarding the error and they will
investigate.
 

hwchoy

Senior Member
Jul 16, 2003
1,899
0
0
55
Tampines, Singapore.
www.hexazona.com
#5
once I tried to book online train ticket with KTM. tried 3 times to pay by credit card which produced an error. so boh pian went to buy from the station. then I saw them charging my credit card 3 times! so called the credit card to reject payment. some time later, saw them refund my credit card 3 times (which I didn't even pay the original charge). that month I gave extra to the charities :D
 

Petf69

Senior Member
Oct 1, 2004
4,152
0
0
Singapore
www.pbase.com
#6
hwchoy said:
once I tried to book online train ticket with KTM. tried 3 times to pay by credit card which produced an error. so boh pian went to buy from the station. then I saw them charging my credit card 3 times! so called the credit card to reject payment. some time later, saw them refund my credit card 3 times (which I didn't even pay the original charge). that month I gave extra to the charities :D
Cool :cool:
 

Astin

Senior Member
Mar 2, 2002
4,736
0
36
Astin Studio
astin.clubsnap.org
#7
Petf69 said:
I can;t believe, Tiger Air (a subsidiary of SIA) also resort to this kind of dirty tactics......... :bheart:

Tiger Air.... :thumbsd:
I got similar experience with SIA. During 1 of SIA recent promotion for cheap fare to HKG, I used online to book for 2 tickets, at the page they asked for my credit card details, I was being careful, recheck the fare prices before hit the button to submit. I then realised SIA intends to charge me full normal fare! There was no "warning" before this, and I abort the booking immediately.
 

Canonised

Senior Member
Aug 27, 2003
2,998
4
0
#9
Petf69 said:
Tiger air...should change name to "Con air".... :angry:

Tiger Air.... :thumbsd:
Becareful with this comment ..... it's SIA u r tokin, don play play ....
 

eric69

New Member
Dec 22, 2003
443
0
0
Global Village
#10
hwchoy said:
once I tried to book online train ticket with KTM. tried 3 times to pay by credit card which produced an error. so boh pian went to buy from the station. then I saw them charging my credit card 3 times! so called the credit card to reject payment. some time later, saw them refund my credit card 3 times (which I didn't even pay the original charge). that month I gave extra to the charities :D
I'm surprised that they didn't try to claim from you the money they "accidently" refund to you.
 

cookiez

New Member
Oct 6, 2003
419
0
0
#11
hwchoy said:
once I tried to book online train ticket with KTM. tried 3 times to pay by credit card which produced an error. so boh pian went to buy from the station. then I saw them charging my credit card 3 times! so called the credit card to reject payment. some time later, saw them refund my credit card 3 times (which I didn't even pay the original charge). that month I gave extra to the charities :D

hi pal, maybe can help me understand better. If u didnt pay for the
amt that was charged to u 3 times, it became an overdue outstanding
amt. And when the 3 times refund from KTM came in, it will offset your
outstanding amt, so what gain/extra do u have ? :dunno:
 

afbug

Senior Member
Aug 19, 2004
482
0
0
Planet SG™
#12
cookiez said:
hi pal, maybe can help me understand better. If u didnt pay for the
amt that was charged to u 3 times, it became an overdue outstanding
amt. And when the 3 times refund from KTM came in, it will offset your
outstanding amt, so what gain/extra do u have ? :dunno:
He got his free tickets. :)
 

Jan 22, 2004
237
0
0
#13
When paying online do be careful not to press submit repeatedly. Just press it ONCE and be patient, the verification process takes time. Each submit is treated as a new transaction.
 

Brett

New Member
Jan 12, 2003
738
0
0
Visit site
#14
I beg to differ ! I got Tickets to bkk for $101 return + taxes ! I think as long as you are careful to click once and book abt 1 month in advance most budget airline prices will range from $100-150 which is very cheap as compared to normal airlines. With these fares I go at least once a month LoL
 

Astin

Senior Member
Mar 2, 2002
4,736
0
36
Astin Studio
astin.clubsnap.org
#15
Brett said:
I beg to differ ! I got Tickets to bkk for $101 return + taxes ! I think as long as you are careful to click once and book abt 1 month in advance most budget airline prices will range from $100-150 which is very cheap as compared to normal airlines. With these fares I go at least once a month LoL
Wa, u go bkk once a month?
 

Brett

New Member
Jan 12, 2003
738
0
0
Visit site
#16
yea

1 trip - 5 days
2 trips/mth - 3 days/trip

Its cheaper then going disco ! (Cover charge buy drinks etc etc)

;p ;p Clubsnap Bkk gathering ?
 

Firefox

New Member
Feb 15, 2004
716
0
0
Bedok
#17
cookiez said:
hi pal, maybe can help me understand better. If u didnt pay for the
amt that was charged to u 3 times, it became an overdue outstanding
amt. And when the 3 times refund from KTM came in, it will offset your
outstanding amt, so what gain/extra do u have ? :dunno:

From what I can see, the CC company cancelled the 3 charges. Then the company 'refunded' the money for the 3 charges.
Hence, he got money out of it.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom