Compatible battery for FX2 FX7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hong2

Aug 10, 2002
Serangoon
Visit site
I'm interested in the camera but read that the battery usage is quite bad :( .

Any idea how much is the compatible/3 party battery? :dunno:
Where to get?
Thank You!

AP has it for OEM $20.... outta stock yesterday
Song Brothers has another OEM selling at $26.

Eastgear should have also but dunno the price.

Bought 1 (680mAH) at AP $28, 1 (1200mAH) at SB $29. :kok: Both performed similar about 160pics only. :mad2: At those new price, can use as cheap backup, but don't expect good performance.

Panasonic original 680mAH battery is about 260 pics.

A bomb and a leg :cry:

Thanks guys. How is it that 1200 mAH is worse than 680mAh?
More questions:
where is Song brothers ? SLS?
do the batteries use the same supplied charger? :dunno:

if i have spare money, i will defintely go for original one.

hong2 said:
A bomb and a leg :cry:

Thanks guys. How is it that 1200 mAH is worse than 680mAh?
More questions:
where is Song brothers ? SLS?
do the batteries use the same supplied charger? :dunno:

I am puzzled too! :dunno: Must be the 'cell' it use....
Yes all use the same charger supplied by Panasonic.

how much does the original pana battery cost?

spyder said:
how much does the original pana battery cost?
bought additional spare original bty for my fx2 - CGA-S004E for SDG58.00.00.

cch said:
Some typo error. it should be $58

Bought one compatible from AP at $25 but only 500mAH. The guy claimed it was the only type available.

cch said:

hi cch, sorry to side-track, but can you give a gauge on how long/many pics one full charge battery will last for a fx2? with lcd, with/without OIS? most of the reviews are for fx7, not much info on fx2. wonder if the smaller lcd will allow the fx2 to last longer.

tribe said:
hi cch, sorry to side-track, but can you give a gauge on how long/many pics one full charge battery will last for a fx2? with lcd, with/without OIS? most of the reviews are for fx7, not much info on fx2. wonder if the smaller lcd will allow the fx2 to last longer.

I did not make any conclusive test on how many shots I can take with my full charge bty so far. I know it does not last very long (frequent charging) as I was also playing and figuring out all the setting and taking some shots here and there. This digicam is relatively new for me. From the manual it should gives me 100 plus. That should depends on our usage or how we handle it as well ... flash or no flash, etc. I have OIS set to mode 2 all the time.
My purchased for additional bty was that I did not want to be running out of bty when I need one at that moment and that is why I have the extra bty standby. It's good to have extra bty and enough storage space all the time.
Original bty is expensive and when I want original bty I have to pay for original price instead of 3rd party. :-((
I am satisfied with my fx2 purchased for its acceptable image quality, OIS benefit and its compact size.

Hi,
Just wanna share this: went to Song Brothers and asked for the FZ20 third party 1200mAh battery. Some salesman told me $38. I stared at him for a while and told him that I was recommended to get it from SB for less than $30. He said, Ok then, $29. I bargained down another dollar to $28 but decided never again to get anything from them ... unless there is nowhere else that sells the item or if I know EXACTLY how much to pay for it.

Just for the info of those who are looking for the battery. I am not sure how well it performs though; have not tried it yet.

Cheers

BTW, 3rd party or so called OEM battery can claim 800mAh or 1200mAh or anything ... question is can you trust them to be accurate? By my reckoning, 100-150 shots for $28 is pretty good.

Hmmm.. These bats compatible with FZ20? lol

rubberduckie_sg said:
Hmmm.. These bats compatible with FZ20? lol

Bought my at EastGear at about $30 plus (800mAH). Can't remember the actual price. You might want to call EastGear.

Cheers
John

what type of batt does FX2 use??? is it the same as FX1's batt??

Hi,

jus to sum it up,

gnipihz: AP OEM $26 unknown
Lifeworld: Unknown OEM $28 160shots
cch: unknown Orig $58 260shots
John Teoh: Eastgear OEM $30 unknown

John: you like to tell us wats hows ur batt?

It seems that with 2 OEM batt, its abt the same as 1 orig. not much cost savings.

I got to get it before new year. So please advise.

Status
Not open for further replies.