Compatibility of Flash triggers + receivers

naheuy

Apr 30, 2010
Seagull
www.facebook.com
hi people,

noobie question alert!

say one fine day i decided to buy a PT-04 flash trigger + receiver set thats labelled Brand A, and down the road i decided that i need to buy more receivers to expand my set up, and i buy the same PT-04 receiver, but one thats labelled brand B. technically, it would still be compatible right? please do enlighten, thanks, will give feet! :bsmilie:

hi people,

noobie question alert!

say one fine day i decided to buy a PT-04 flash trigger + receiver set thats labelled Brand A, and down the road i decided that i need to buy more receivers to expand my set up, and i buy the same PT-04 receiver, but one thats labelled brand B. technically, it would still be compatible right? please do enlighten, thanks, will give feet! :bsmilie:

hmm i dunno about this part. but i think these brands buy their stock from some manufacturer and slap their logo on. so no worries on it. i bet it'll work the same... that being said... i'll have to go do some test-test with my friend's PT-04 from another brand.

hmm so you did take my suggestion to get it from SG Camera Store? :bsmilie:

hmm i dunno about this part. but i think these brands buy their stock from some manufacturer and slap their logo on. so no worries on it. i bet it'll work the same... that being said... i'll have to go do some test-test with my friend's PT-04 from another brand.

hmm so you did take my suggestion to get it from SG Camera Store? :bsmilie:

haha never leh, im gonna get on ebay, no issue with looking for the same "brand" receiver, but its definitely not the cheapest option around...

wa the strobist way is like the dark side!

if it's just triggering manually, it will work brudda

unless you're gonna sync the cables into the body, the brand compatibility matters ( ̄∇ ̄ )

hi people,

noobie question alert!

Fyi, I'm sharing my experience with you...and here it goes...:bsmilie:

Call the shop...(of cos the one you inteded to purchase from...heehee...), fix an appt/arrangement to go there with your "Transmitter", why??...(of cos after permission granted to carry-out-test then go...), why?? of cos then can "Test-It-Out" with their "Receiver/s"...(depends on how many you need...), when "Everything Tested=OK" it's time to $Pay$ lohhh...:sweat:, simple right...??:bsmilie:

Hope my experiences helps and all the Best, bro;)

Last edited:
Trigger is via radio frequency. I am not sure if different manufacturers set different frequencies. My guess is that they may not, for business interest.

Why not just get the same brand to be safe? Rather than buy another one which may not work? Not much difference in price I guess?

just buy new set of triggers, give the one you have to your friends whom wanna try or sell cheap on bns. Save u the trouble.

Did someone say feet? :bigeyes: :bsmilie: you can try artworkfoto. Was there with cal and they had one brand that seems quite good. It's not pocket wizard but it's about $200 or so..

Bumped into a certain forumer there too and he bought 5.. :bigeyes: :thumbsup:

P.s. I think only ah. About the frequency.. There are channels on some that you can sync it to.. Just don't stand too close to someone else that has the same channel and you should be fine.. But the king should know better. Maybe u can ask him. :)

Last edited:
Trigger is via radio frequency. I am not sure if different manufacturers set different frequencies. My guess is that they may not, for business interest.

Why not just get the same brand to be safe? Rather than buy another one which may not work? Not much difference in price I guess?

Same frequency also may not work.

Did someone say feet? :bigeyes: :bsmilie: you can try artworkfoto. Was there with cal and they had one brand that seems quite good. It's not pocket wizard but it's about $200 or so..

Bumped into a certain forumer there too and he bought 5.. :bigeyes: :thumbsup:

P.s. I think only ah. About the frequency.. There are channels on some that you can sync it to.. Just don't stand too close to someone else that has the same channel and you should be fine.. But the king should know better. Maybe u can ask him. :)

200 i rather get pocket wizards.

anyway with that price can get alot of cactus v5s.

eleveninth said:
200 i rather get pocket wizards.

anyway with that price can get alot of cactus v5s.

Dunno what's that. :bsmilie: :sweatsm: :bsmilie: $200 for five.. Wakakakakakaka... Yeah I'm lying. :x

Last edited:

just buy new set of triggers, give the one you have to your friends whom wanna try or sell cheap on bns. Save u the trouble.

Nobody believe #5 ahh...wierd manzz:bsmilie::bsmilie:

Why give ones/ownself the hassle since I've and had already done/experienced what my #5=mentioned was the Truth and nothing but the Truth...!!! (Given helps/guides and ppls doesn't seems convince is like.....and worst, if later there's someone were to say: "why no body wanna help-out...?!?!):(

Fyi, just feel really so disappointed till like "Delete" my contributions/experiences sharings on #5....:cry:....:bsmilie:

Last edited:
Nobody believe #5 ahh...wierd manzz:bsmilie::bsmilie:

Why give ones/ownself the hassle since I've and had already done/experienced what my #5=mentioned was the Truth and nothing but the Truth...!!! (Given helps/guides and ppls doesn't seems convince is like.....and worst, if later there's someone were to say: "why no body wanna help-out...?!?!):(

Fyi, just feel really so disappointed till like "Delete" my contributions/experiences sharings on #5....:cry:....:bsmilie:

because the PT-04 is outdated tech.

but up to TS and you. If it were me I'd save the time.

haha thanks all for the feedback!

i just took a step further to the dark side and ordered a trigger + receiver set! soon ill test it out, when it arrives, with someone else's (maybe he-bro :bsmilie:) PT-04 to see if it works once and for all~

so till then i will keep this thread open and conclude thereafter for the benefit of anyone with similar queries!

I don't suggest PT-04 triggers, they are 433h if I'm not wrong, same goes for the Godox and other PT-04 triggers.

i just took a step further to the dark side and ordered a trigger + receiver set! soon ill test it out, when it arrives, with someone else's (maybe he-bro :bsmilie:) PT-04 to see if it works once and for all~

so till then i will keep this thread open and conclude thereafter for the benefit of anyone with similar queries!

we need to meet up soon :bsmilie: i've got 2 receivers.. need to borrow a flash somewhere...

but i want to improve the hard way: Manual Mode on flashlights ;)

i only took the first baby step by buying the yongnuo adapter off ebay.. haha

hebro? but he now so chio...