Compatibility issues with SanDisk CF cards with C5050?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelster

Apr 25, 2003
Everywhere where e sun shines
Visit site
Hi all....just wanna do a lil homework before plonking down some money on a new 512mb CF card...anyone had issues with a SanDisk CF card with C5050?...heh...just wanna make sure....

BTW...anyone know the difference between the normal 512mb CF card from SanDisk and their Ultra II version?...

No problem with my 5050 with the Sandisk Ultra II 512MB. The Ultra II is 60X speed

what is the price of the Sandisk? how do u find the performance? i m using Kingston 512MB. any idea is it a lot faster when it comes to writing on Sandisk?

never tried a Kingston b4...but currently I'm using a Transcend 30X 512mb and its working beautifully with my C5050...I suppose you're using C5050 too?...cos different cams will have different speeds with different cards...what I'm more concern with is the compatibility issues that might surface by which I might lose information thru problems writing into the card...losing info for me is my top priority...write speed comes secondary lah...had bad experience previously with another CF card that caused me to lose like 200 over Mb of pics...tat was a nightmare man...

Opps sorry...never answer your question...i'm looking at around US$150 at B&H for the Sandisk 512mb Ultra II...heh...as for performance...will tell you more after I get it...heh...

kelster said:
never tried a Kingston b4...but currently I'm using a Transcend 30X 512mb and its working beautifully with my C5050...I suppose you're using C5050 too?...cos different cams will have different speeds with different cards...what I'm more concern with is the compatibility issues that might surface by which I might lose information thru problems writing into the card...losing info for me is my top priority...write speed comes secondary lah...had bad experience previously with another CF card that caused me to lose like 200 over Mb of pics...tat was a nightmare man...

Where did you get the Transcend 30X 512mb? Looking like crazy for it and can't find the darn thing. Considering a Kingston if I can't get it. Anyone has issues with the kingston and a C5050?

kelster said:
Hi all....just wanna do a lil homework before plonking down some money on a new 512mb CF card...anyone had issues with a SanDisk CF card with C5050?...heh...just wanna make sure....

BTW...anyone know the difference between the normal 512mb CF card from SanDisk and their Ultra II version?...
You could check out http://www.dpreview.com/articles/mediacompare/ to find out more. Has a pretty good reviews on different kinds of CF cards.

Hope this helps.

liquidforce said:
Where did you get the Transcend 30X 512mb? Looking like crazy for it and can't find the darn thing. Considering a Kingston if I can't get it. Anyone has issues with the kingston and a C5050?

Got it from AP back in May this year...was using PQI F1 512Mb but it failed on me...went back and with a topup...got the transccend instead...never regretted that move...working beautifully ever since...

garvinchow,
Thnx..will checkout dpreview...

kelster said:
Got it from AP back in May this year...was using PQI F1 512Mb but it failed on me...went back and with a topup...got the transccend instead...never regretted that move...working beautifully ever since...

garvinchow,
Thnx..will checkout dpreview...
Dun mentioned it. Anyway, I find Ridata and Hagiwara quite reliable too...some would be surprised at the lacklustre performance of SanDisk CF tho'...but pls remember tha Ultra II is not included in the review tho'

I know...well...a lot of these performance test is very dependent on the camera that accesses the cards...its kindof difficult to determine the performance of a CF card if the CF interface plays such a major factor in the first place...heh...guess wil hvta take the leap of faith then... :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.