Comparsion

Status
Not open for further replies.

meng

Apr 19, 2003
www.pbase.com
Hi to all ex. and present Canon A40 users,

How is the performance of the auto mode of A40?
Just got my A40 recently but never really fiddle around with the auto mode much.
My gf is going malaysia next month, and i'm considering to let her take this cam along with her. And most likely she will use only auto mode.

I'm not expecting fantastic output from the auto mode though. Just want to know whether it'll be better than my old Olympus P&S (115mm zoom film version)?

see ur gf like film or dc? actually sometimes i think auto is better than manual......haha.....usually will not over expose.....or underexpose

hmm..actually she can do with both, just that DC will not have to spend more $ develop those she don't like and don't have to wait till finish the whole roll lor...
ya...but I don't like auto..too over rely lioas...
Originally posted by digi~ET
see ur gf like film or dc? actually sometimes i think auto is better than manual......haha.....usually will not over expose.....or underexpose

On average my A40 Auto mode will overexposed by around 2/3 stop. It will be OK if you set the default compensation to -1/3 and keep a look out for those pictures that does not have overexposure.

Status
Not open for further replies.