comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsplenden

Mar 25, 2004
holland ave
which is a better model to begin with? canon A70 or nikon coolpix 3700??

bsplenden said:
which is a better model to begin with? canon A70 or nikon coolpix 3700??

Perhaps it would help if you indicated what you are lookign for in a camera.

i've begun on a shoestring with a canon a100...

just want to be able to capture the kind of pix that i like 1st ie from basics... before putting the big bucks on a more expensive/better camera, so that it would not become a white elephant if i decide that digital photography is not for me. :embrass: :bsmilie:

i jus want a digital camera to start off photography before i decide if i want to go into film... as for why i don't plunge straight into SLR is due to various reasons. one of the reason is that i don't want to spend money developing all the pictures which i do not like. another reason is even if i do not like photography, the digital camera i have got can be used to take pictures of my family and friends...

if i like photography, then perhaps i can hone my skills with my digital camera while saving up for either an SLR or DSLR...

Why not get a 2nd hand prosumer camera? Think someone is selling Minolta Dimage 7, at around the cost of a brand new A80. Think you could learn more with a prosumer camera than a consumer one, especially since a Dimage 7 has a rubber rim that could indicate to you at approximately what equivalent mm you are shooting at.

See this buy/sell thread.

Well, do note that the line between prosumer and consumer digicam is a really thin one, as A80 could easily do what a prosumer camera could. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.