comparison on hoya and kenko ND filters

caffein said:
juz called TK.. confirm only 1 kind of nd400.. kenko mc nd400.. the one u saw might be the kenko pro1d nd4 or nd8? :dunno:

i cant decide to get the kenko nd400 @ $85 or b+w nd110 @ $125.. anyone got any experiences on these 2? pls share.. much appreciated..

sorry, my friend just went down to tk today.. he also saw 2 versions of kenko nd400.. one is kenko mc nd400 (cream color box) & the other is kenko pro1d mc nd400 (dark gold color box)..
the pro1d is, as claimed by salesman, supposingly same quality as b+w nd110 (not sure in what way) & has better mc compared to the normal mc one.. it's priced btw the normal mc & b+w..

caffein said:
sorry, my friend just went down to tk today.. he also saw 2 versions of kenko nd400.. one is kenko mc nd400 (cream color box) & the other is kenko pro1d mc nd400 (dark gold color box)..
the pro1d is, as claimed by salesman, supposingly same quality as b+w nd110 (not sure in what way) & has better mc compared to the normal mc one.. it's priced btw the normal mc & b+w..

iirc the nd110 is not multicoated.

caffein said:

ND400 and ND110 almost the same, I found ND110 easier to correct color cast wise.

i bought the kenko MC ND400 from TK foto ytd, salesman says that it's the same one a the hoya HMC.

tried to play with it this morning. seems the colors are much cooler and not really 9 stops, already 8 like tht