Comparison of print quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuthuCurry

Aug 2, 2005
Hey folks,

just want to know if there is any difference bw the Kodak, Fujifilm or Konica print quality? cos i found this Konica shop to print 4R at 20cents each. The print quality is pretty good, but think Kodak and Fuji are relatively more ex. thus, when come to huge development of photos, it tt worth paying extra for Kodak or Fuji ? :dunno:

totally agree with evenstar, I tend to find fuji seems to have a red cast to it (my white becomes a bit orange) It could be the fuji shop that i go to. As for Konica, i tend to increase the saturation before i sent for print and it turns out pretty ok. (at least the shop that i go to)

a lot also depends on the professionalism and expertise level of the lab. i've tried printing on konica paper. but the neighbourhood lab totally screwed up my pics. everything got a red cast on it. :confused:

nightwolf75 said:
a lot also depends on the professionalism and expertise level of the lab. i've tried printing on konica paper. but the neighbourhood lab totally screwed up my pics. everything got a red cast on it. :confused:

Yes, I agree.

I went to my neighbourhood lab and told the guy not to mess with exposures, etc and it still came back very very underexposed :angry:

Seems like I have to head to Kim Tian at Hong Lim again..,.

MuthuCurry said:
Hey folks,

just want to know if there is any difference bw the Kodak, Fujifilm or Konica print quality? cos i found this Konica shop to print 4R at 20cents each. The print quality is pretty good, but think Kodak and Fuji are relatively more ex. thus, when come to huge development of photos, it tt worth paying extra for Kodak or Fuji ? :dunno:

it depends on whether the photolab does the adjustment for you. the photolab i usually go to will scrutinise every image for the serious amateurs and above, while he will just print as normal for those who just need a print

loudhailer said:
it depends on whether the photolab does the adjustment for you. the photolab i usually go to will scrutinise every image for the serious amateurs and above, while he will just print as normal for those who just need a print

Care to recommend?
The neighbourhood one screws up film negs also. What turns out as quite visible in the negative still comes out very underexposed on print

evo76 said:
Care to recommend?
The neighbourhood one screws up film negs also. What turns out as quite visible in the negative still comes out very underexposed on print

just pm you

MuthuCurry said:
Hey folks,

the way to do it is work with 1 or 2 labs, use their color profile, and everything should be fine. If you are all the time, looking for that lab that gives you 5 cents cheaper on 4R, good luck. th elab needs to pay it's bill also, and the more time, effort, maintenance and professionalism (hire experienced staff) they put into developing/printing, the higher the cost.

As far as what paper, both Kodak and Fuji are good, just that you need to match the paper color profile. Not use Konica before, but found Afga is quite pleasing also.

the fotografer i work part time with swear by fuji... but he prints sooooo much... :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.