Comparison of print quality


Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 2, 2005
77
0
0
#1
Hey folks,

just want to know if there is any difference bw the Kodak, Fujifilm or Konica print quality? cos i found this Konica shop to print 4R at 20cents each. The print quality is pretty good, but think Kodak and Fuji are relatively more ex. thus, when come to huge development of photos, it tt worth paying extra for Kodak or Fuji ? :dunno:
 

ptwong

Senior Member
Nov 10, 2003
589
0
16
42
Yishun
#3
totally agree with evenstar, I tend to find fuji seems to have a red cast to it (my white becomes a bit orange) It could be the fuji shop that i go to. As for Konica, i tend to increase the saturation before i sent for print and it turns out pretty ok. (at least the shop that i go to)
 

nightwolf75

Moderator
Staff member
Dec 18, 2003
17,857
15
38
really MORE diaper changes
#4
a lot also depends on the professionalism and expertise level of the lab. i've tried printing on konica paper. but the neighbourhood lab totally screwed up my pics. everything got a red cast on it. :confused:
 

evo76

New Member
Sep 22, 2003
108
0
0
Sillypore
#5
nightwolf75 said:
a lot also depends on the professionalism and expertise level of the lab. i've tried printing on konica paper. but the neighbourhood lab totally screwed up my pics. everything got a red cast on it. :confused:
Yes, I agree.

I went to my neighbourhood lab and told the guy not to mess with exposures, etc and it still came back very very underexposed :angry:

Seems like I have to head to Kim Tian at Hong Lim again..,.
 

Jun 21, 2004
212
0
0
#6
MuthuCurry said:
Hey folks,

just want to know if there is any difference bw the Kodak, Fujifilm or Konica print quality? cos i found this Konica shop to print 4R at 20cents each. The print quality is pretty good, but think Kodak and Fuji are relatively more ex. thus, when come to huge development of photos, it tt worth paying extra for Kodak or Fuji ? :dunno:
it depends on whether the photolab does the adjustment for you. the photolab i usually go to will scrutinise every image for the serious amateurs and above, while he will just print as normal for those who just need a print
 

evo76

New Member
Sep 22, 2003
108
0
0
Sillypore
#7
loudhailer said:
it depends on whether the photolab does the adjustment for you. the photolab i usually go to will scrutinise every image for the serious amateurs and above, while he will just print as normal for those who just need a print
Care to recommend?
The neighbourhood one screws up film negs also. What turns out as quite visible in the negative still comes out very underexposed on print
 

Jun 21, 2004
212
0
0
#8
evo76 said:
Care to recommend?
The neighbourhood one screws up film negs also. What turns out as quite visible in the negative still comes out very underexposed on print
just pm you
 

Deadpoet

Senior Member
Oct 18, 2004
4,619
0
0
#9
MuthuCurry said:
Hey folks,

just want to know if there is any difference bw the Kodak, Fujifilm or Konica print quality? cos i found this Konica shop to print 4R at 20cents each. The print quality is pretty good, but think Kodak and Fuji are relatively more ex. thus, when come to huge development of photos, it tt worth paying extra for Kodak or Fuji ? :dunno:
the way to do it is work with 1 or 2 labs, use their color profile, and everything should be fine. If you are all the time, looking for that lab that gives you 5 cents cheaper on 4R, good luck. th elab needs to pay it's bill also, and the more time, effort, maintenance and professionalism (hire experienced staff) they put into developing/printing, the higher the cost.

As far as what paper, both Kodak and Fuji are good, just that you need to match the paper color profile. Not use Konica before, but found Afga is quite pleasing also.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom