comparison between these two

Status
Not open for further replies.

fish

Jan 18, 2002
www.fishie.com
hey guys,

need some feedback on this. my friend's buying a digicam.
now comparing between these two, Nikon Coolpix 885 and Olympus C-3040Z.

any advice will be appreciated. or suggestion to get another model with the price range of $1000 max?

tank u! ;)

looks like the 885 is worth the value huh?

Originally posted by fish

for a point and shoot which can take night shots. :)

Originally posted by fish

If your friend doesn't mind a lower resolution, Olympus C2040 is a good alternative. It offers Aperture Priority and Shutter Priority modes (strangely lacking in Nikon 885) which could be very useful. It also has a faster lens which helps under low-light conditions. It's cheaper too!

Go go C2040Z :D

Fish, dun waste time liao, ask ur friend to buy it :)

Originally posted by mpenza

If your friend doesn't mind a lower resolution, Olympus C2040 is a good alternative. It offers Aperture Priority and Shutter Priority modes (strangely lacking in Nikon 885) which could be very useful. It also has a faster lens which helps under low-light conditions. It's cheaper too!

thanx guys!

i'll be asking my friend to take a look at the useful responses given here n see if he can decide from there.

meanwhile, i'll still tease him with my G2. *lol* :devil:

Originally posted by megaweb
if your friend is rich ... ask him to get this camera. :D
digital slr..... *slurps*
i'll get on myself if i'm rich. haha... nah, tat's way beyond his budget.

hi all thanks for the reply i'm the fish's friend that wanted to buy the camera!
well i actually wanted a 3 megapixel digicam but if u guys says 2040 is ok i'll go and have a look. i've check out the price for both nikon 885 and olympus 3040, actually there's promotion now and both cost the same

i'm sorry..... it's actually C3020ZOOM which cost the same as Nikon coolpix 885, not 3040

3040 and 885 cost the same ??

or okie hehe 3020 and 885 ...

Status
Not open for further replies.